I hear the train comin', it's rolling round the bend and I ain't seen the sunshine since I don't know when

 

Hello! Today is my first day of Term 2 holidays, I'm so excited! Reports and parent interviews have now been completed, I'm relieved to have a nice, long rest and enjoy my holidays.
 
 
 

Plus, I can catch up on blogging! I like to post once a week, but have missed the last few weeks as I have been focusing on reports instead. Anyway, last month was our birthday month, that is my mum's and mine. My family and I celebrated my mum's birthday with a train ride on Puffing Billy. Even though it was freezing cold, we enjoyed the open ride carriages and relaxed looking at the beautiful trees we passed throughout the 1.5 hour journey.
 
 
 
  
 
I liked the stain glass artwork of a train that greeted us in the gift shop.
 
 
 
My mum and I couldn't resist asking a volunteer train conductor for a photo too. Then about 20 other people asked for a photo too, poor guy.
 

 


We stopped at Emerald Lake Park and enjoyed a picnic pack of cheese, crackers, olives, bread and dips and then wandered around a beautiful lake. My dad fed the ducks with the leftover bread.
 
 
 

 

 
My sister and I spotted this red mushroom. So bright and whimsical, it looked like it came straight out of a fairy tale picture book. My sister used an app on her phone to identify the mushroom and despite it's beautiful looks it was poisonous to touch and taste! Nice to look at but not nice to hold, hehe!



My boyfriend came over in the evening and we ended the day with cake. My mum was helping me with an excursion the day before so we didn't get time to bake a cake, so I bought her a tiramisu cake from the Cheesecake Shop.
 

One week later, it was my birthday. I spent the night before having dinner with my work friends and we were too busy talking, we forgot to take photos! The day after my birthday, my mum, sister and I went to the cinemas to watch The Little Mermaid. Within the first 30 seconds, we looked at each other in awe, we knew it was going to be a great movie and we absolutely loved it!

On the day of my birthday, I had a nice lunch with my boyfriend and family. I made myself two cakes, because why not? Plus I couldn't choose between which one I wanted more so I spent the morning making both - profiteroles and tiramisu, both delicious. I was spoilt with presents and flowers from my boyfriend and work friends and they were adorning my room for weeks, bringing a smile to my face each time I passed them.
 
 
 

 
I'm looking forward to catching up on my blog reading now. See you soon. X
 
Title: Folsom Prison Blues by Johnny Cash.


Comments

  1. What a lovely way to spend one's birthday! I'm salivating over those profiteroles ...
    Have a most wonderful Term 2 holiday! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann. I think I need to make them again soon. X

      Delete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday, gorgeous! What a fabulous way to spend your special day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vix! I have tiramisu on my mind now that I've revisited this post. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds