Happy new year, may we all have a vision now and then

New Years by the beach - perfection. Our first morning on holiday at Eden consisted of going on a beach walk. There's something special about getting your feet wet and admiring the sparkling, blue water.  

My family wandered around a wharf, a park and a lookout. I spotted a brick house near the beach surrounded by a picket fence (not pictured), with only one neighbour, right by a small forest and the beach. I declared it the best place for a home in Australia! I wonder if the residents love where they live. 

My mum made the kaftan she's wearing! It looks so professional to me, like it's straight out of a shop!

I'm wearing my mum's old, hand-me-down maxi dress.











It was a nice, slow paced day of walking around, after seeing the midnight new year's fireworks the night before. I could get used to this relaxed lifestyle eating  by the beach and swimming each afternoon.

How did you spend the beginning of 2023?


Title: Happy New Year by ABBA.





Comments

  1. Happy New Year, Jess and family! What a fabulous start to 2023. That photo of you jumping for joy is fantastic.
    I was in bed by midnight, NYE isn't our thing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix, I almost wasn't going to include that photo then thought 'why not?'.
      I'm the same, I wake up for the fireworks and then go back to bed.
      X

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year, Jess! Your holiday sounds absolutely heavenly! Please do send us some of that sunshine!
    Like Vix, I was in bed by midnight, I'm afraid ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann!
      Haha how funny.
      I grumpily wake up for the fireworks then jump back in bed.
      X

      Delete
  3. Eden is really the perfect name for it! Happy 2023 to you, Jess! May all of your year be filled with good times, good friends and good shopping! Your mum is so clever - what a great dress - and so nice of her to pass along that smashing maxi (you look fab!).

    I was up till 2am, partying with my friends at a swanky mountaintop resort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum's a superstar with her sewing, isn't she!
      Oh that sounds fun! Can't pass up a swanky place and some good times.
      X

      Delete
  4. My mum's a superstar with her sewing, isn't she!
    Oh that sounds fun! Can't pass up a swanky place and some good times.
    X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds