...Well it's my birthday too, yeah

My birthday and my mum's birthday are exactly one week apart so May is always a fun month for us. I had the most beautiful birthday weekend last week. Let me tell you all about it...


On Friday, I had a busy day planning at school and my students absolutely spoilt me with so many lovely cards and cute little gifts. I came home to a lovely dinner mum made - stuffed peppers (my favourite), pork, potatoes and a green bean salad. I'd ordered a Francese cake from Brunetti too! A delicious, creamy chocolate mousse cake - divine!


 One of the highlights of the night was howling with laughter over the message my dad wrote in my birthday card. He usually writes really sweet, sentimental messages but this one was so ridiculous, my mum, sister, Pat and I were all crying with laughter. My family and boyfriend spoilt me with beautiful presents, I absolutely loved everything.

 

The next morning, a Saturday, I chipped away at my students' reports. After lunch, I went to my uncle Arthur's house and spent time with him and my dear friend Renee and her adorable daughter Eleni. 


Eleni was so smiley and always wanted to keep us in her sight. I loved cuddling with her, she is the most precious princess.

 

On Sunday, my family, uncle, dedo, Pat and I went out to lunch at one of my favourite places - Brunetti, the place where I'd bought my cake. I ate some pasta and wood-fire pizza - yum. The desserts were also delicious, I especially enjoyedthe rum baba and sfogliatelle. On the way home, my mum spotted some trees with lovely, orange leaves so we took some photos there.

 

 

 

Yummy food and time spent with loved ones - a perfect birthday weekend.

X

Comments

  1. Happy birthday Jess! I'm loving the look of your birthday celebrations, and I wouldn't mind a piece of that delicious looking cake! And of course, you and your Mum are dressed perfectly, as always! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Jess :) Oooh, that cake does look yummy! Very cute cuddles with little Eleni. I see I have missed a few posts, so shall have to return, but for now I am on dinner & kitchen duties.. or meant to be :0 x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Jess! What a lovely few days you had, celebrating with your family and loved ones. I adore your leopard dress, and that pic of you and Mum on the benches is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday to you. Good to know that you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds