Run and tell all of the angels, this could take all night


Good morning from sunny Melbourne! After a couple of weeks of cold weather, we will be enjoying some 26°C warmth over the next two days. Today is my first day of term holidays and I thought it was the perfect time to catch up on writing a blog post! A few week's ago, my sister noticed a lotus farm being advertised online, so off we went to the Blue Lotus Farm, for a family day out.

This is the first sight that greeted us. Lotuses everywhere!

 

We wandered around the beautiful garden, admiring all the different types of lotus species.  

 

Above is the Australian lotus variety and below is one of the world's largest lotus species.

 

I wore a white dress with big, ruffled sleeves. The last time I wore this dress was a few years ago when the New South Wales bushfires wreaked havoc on our holiday, but worse than that, people's lives and homes. So I decided to wear the dress and make new, happy memories in it! 

 

Mum wore her new Tree of Life dress. Isn't she stunning?

 

We stopped at the little cafe for some Dutch pancakes and lotus chips. Both were so delicious! The lotus chips were a must-try as I have never seen them anywhere else.


 
This is the part of the lotus that is sliced and fried to make the chips. How cool!
 
 
It was so hot and muggy on this day, that I delighted in running through the sprinkles to cool myself down.
 

 

On the way out, I admired this beautiful stain glass window and couldn't resist one last photo amongst the mushrooms. 
 
 
 
On the long drive home, we stopped off at a pub for lunch, where the scallop dish was delicious and the pub band playing outside sounded great. I swear the singer sounded exactly like John Lennon, it was freaky!
 
Hope you're having a lovely day!
 
(I've been listening to a lot of Foo Fighters music recently. Aren't they great?)
 
 

Comments

  1. What an amazing place, Jess, and your dress is a delight. What a lovely idea to make some new, happy memories with it. Loving your Mum's dress too.
    Those Dutch pancakes (they are called "poffertjes" over there) look mouthwateringly delicious, and I'm very intrigued by those Lotus chips! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann! We had a nice day.

      Yes the poffertjes were delicious! X

      Delete
  2. Don't you and your mum look lovely? Two beautiful ladies in their dresses - aw! This looks like such a good time, and I hope your memories of the bushfires/dress are gone with these new adventures, Jess.

    I've had lotus chips! Just as a decoration, and I didn't know what they were, but ate it anyway! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shiela!

      Oh yes they were delicious. I had never seen them before. X

      Delete
  3. You and your mum look lovely! I'm glad you gave that dress another go after the unfortunate incident that occured last time you wore it.
    I've seen those whopping great lotuses on my travels in Southern India but had no idea you could eat them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vix! Yes I would've never known you can eat them. The people who reviewed this lotus farm recommended trying them and they did not disappoint. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds