Just Another Day



 
Ah, a day at the beach! Hope you're not sick of my beach blog posts yet! These photos were taken a few weeks ago when it was hot and muggy all week. In the past, I've always enjoyed summer but this year's humidity has overwhelmed me. What to do but have a day out at the beach!



Mum and I went to Williamstown beach, one of our favourites. First we stopped off at the opshop, and I quickly found a mustard, carved Bakelite bangle for $2!! They sell for $100+ in vintage stores so I was stoked to add this to my collection. 

 
Outfit details:
Umbrella to shield us from the sun - mum found this at a market.
Mexican dress ($3), woven bag ($15), sunglasses ($2) - market finds.
Spanish made sandals ($8) - brand new from an opshop!

You don't have to spend heaps to dress up or feel cute!
 
 
Then we made our way to the gorgeous pier and admired the sparking water and white boats. One boat was named 'Another Day,' which quickly prompted us to sing the catchy Paul McCartney song of the same name.



 
For lunch, we ate fish and chips with scallops and a Greek salad. The lady at the shop cheekily tried to rip me off by charging me $20 for extra chips that I hadn't ordered. She probably thought I was a young, timid tourist but of course I spoke up and got the $20 back. 


Before returning home we made an obligatory visit to our favourite icecream shop and we were dismayed that they weren't selling our go-to ginger icecream. I got a strawberry icecream instead, and it did not disappoint. It reminded me of the delicious strawberry sundae we had in Rosebud last Easter! 

 Although we did wonder, when oh when will the ginger icecream with lots of crystalised ginger pieces return? I might have to learn how to make it myself, I think!

X


 


Comments

  1. It is, in fact, a pleasure to see your beach posts pop up, especially on grey and rainy days like today!
    I'm quite envious of your Bakelite bangle, and yes, you are right: you don't have to spend much money to dress up and look fabulous. And you'll feel even better when you know you haven't spent the earth and are being sustainable at the same time!
    I'm quite envious of that plate of fish and chips too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never get tired of seeing your summery shots, Jess! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fab post Jess, and no, I don't ever tire of sunny beach shots. Fab find with the bakelite bangle. Love your Mexican dress. It is a shame you don't live closer, my mam gave me a load of crystalised ginger that I'm struggling to use up! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand