It's a sunny day

 Last week, my mum, dad and I had a sunny day out to a sunflower farm in Dunnstown. We visited a sunflower farm two years ago and absolutely loved it, so mum and I were keen to return.

 


 

It was the first week of the fields being open to the public, so some of  sunflowers weren't fully grown yet, but they were still a beautiful sight.

 

 

We wondered around, taking photos, enjoying a sausage sizzle for lunch, cutting sunflowers and I marveled at the many ladybugs, happy when they landed on me because they're supposedly good luck.

 

 


The sight of bright sunflowers and cute red ladybugs sparked an idea for my next embroidery project, which I'll probably start in the winter. We are approaching Autumn here in Melbourne, with only 2 days of summer. I wonder what we'll get up to then... I have some plans. I always think it's a good thing to have something to look forward to especially in these strange times. It's horrifying to see what's happening in Ukraine. I keep returning to the thought... is this the world we live in?

 

I hope by the time I next post, things have improved immensly.

 

Title: It's a Sunny Day by The Sunnyboys.



Comments

  1. How absolutely delightful are these photos of you and your Mum among those gorgeous sunflowers! A welcome slice of normality and positivity in these darkest of days. Thank you so much for sharing, Jess. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. It was a beautiful day. And what's better than some cheery flowers? X

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos of you and your mum amongst the sunflowers. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix. Sunflowers have got to be one of my absolute favourite flowers. X

      Delete
  3. Joyous sunflower photos Jess. Here's thinking of Ukraine too xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lulu. And to think it still sadly continues. X


      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds