Sweet dreams are made of this

Jump onto my time machine one last time so I can take you back to a dreamy day out before anyone knew what corona virus even meant. 



To me, frolicking in a field of sunflowers is a dream come true. Kurt Cobain could have been writing about me when he sang, "I wish I was like you, easily amused". Highly amused I was, amongst sunflowers as tall as me.



 My family and I initially planned to have a day out at a winery but those plans were promptly abandoned when my sister discovered that country town Yendon was in its first year of opening a sunflower field.



Bees buzzed all around us as we navigated our way through the bumpy fields. The website advised to wear boots and look out for snakes, and clearly I wasn't thinking rationally when I chose to wear my not-so-comfortable, block-heel, vintage snakeskin boots. Half joking, I reasoned that I'll give my new-to-me boots their first outing and surely snakes wouldn't bother me in these boots!


Cuddling up to some ginormous sunflowers.


With an entry fee of $5, we were allowed to each take a sunflower home, with any additional sunflowers costing $2 each. I'm drying the seeds so I can create my own patch of sunflowers in the backyard.


Can I just stay here forever? I sighed as we left. I gazed back at the field and my mum and I made plans to return.

For lunch, we drove into Ballarat and ate hamburgers at Grill'd (my favourite).


Being immersed by all the sunflowers was such a wonderful experience, it makes me happy just looking back at these photos.


I hope these photos bring you some sunshine in this gloomy climate. Have a lovely weekend. X



Comments

  1. Oh, how I'd love to frolick in a sunflower field. I guess that would make me "easily amused" in Kurt Cobain's words as well, but surely there is nothing wrong with that? Finding pleasure in the small things - although I wouldn't use that word for sunflowers! - is one of the joys of life! Your photos are gorgeous as are the frocks you two lovely ladies are wearing! These certainly put a smile on my face, especially the ones with the smiley faces :-)) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad these sunflower pictures have put a smile on your face! I think it's a good thing to be easily amused. X

      Delete
  2. I have been in a ginormous sunflower field! My mom and I went painting a few years ago (here, scroll down: https://sheilaephemera.blogspot.com/2017/08/bigass-weekend-wrap-up-jumpsuit-friday.html).

    Love your beautiful dresses, Jess and Mum! The days before Covid seem like so long ago...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painting in a sunflower field - that must be the most idyllic experience ever! I loved seeing your post.

      The days before COVID19 certainly seem long gone but I'm glad I captured these pictures. Just looking at sunflowers makes me happy. And my seeds are growing so before you know it, I'll be taking photos in front of my little sunflower field in the backyard! X

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful post - thanks for sharing such lovely photos! I love both yours and your mum's dresses and I spy the belt you bought the other day! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vix.
      You have a good memory! I recently bought this belt and shared it in my last post. It was fun to wear, with the fab buckle detail. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds