Another Day in Paradise



 
 Day 4 of our Eden holiday...
 
 Pat, my mum and I woke up at 5.30am to watch a beautiful sunrise. I don't like to get up this early, but when else am I going to see a sunrise? I like the progression of these photos.
 
 
 

 
After breakfast, we all went to the Eden lookout, where whales migrate each winter from Antarctica through Eden, completing the longest migration of any animal species.

  
 My sister took this cute photo. I love that my dad's managed a big smile!

 


 
 
My dad was fascinated by these tessellated rocks.



 For lunch, we ate at the Eden pub and I ate prawn cutlets with chips and salad. I convinced my family to eat outdoors because the NSW Covid cases are so high, and luckily we did because later we got a message notifying us that a covid case had attended that site.
 
Next, we went to visit Dennis the horse, as we have been doing for years. We enjoyed patting him and feeding him lots and lots of grass. He is a heart-breaker and we absolutely adore him.
 
  
 
 
  
In the afternoon, my dad, sister, boyfriend and I went swimming and Pat and I explored some of the nooks and hidden corners of the beach. 
 

My mum cooked pasta with seafood for dinner. My favourite!
 
See you in my next blog post. 
X


Comments

  1. How gorgeous is that sunrise! Well worth getting up early for.
    The rocks are fantastic too.
    I love Dennis the horse, and that seafood platter looks truly scrumptious.
    I read on your Mum's Insta that you and Pat picked the mussels! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sunrise was well worth the early start!
    I loved this post, your gorgeous family - hello, Dad, your colourful dress, Dennis the horse and that spectacular bay. Just lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely post Jess, I can feel the warm sun's rays radiating out, all the way round to our cold, cold January! 'Tasselated' - that is such a great word / phenomena! Dennis is a cutie. I'm sure he remembers you too. Horses are very clever. Oh my goodness, your mum's pasta dish has me salivating!!! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a stunning sunset. I love the picture of you and your mum sitting on the grass together. Dennis is very handsome and he seems to be saying, "Get my good side"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds