Roses, roses everywhere

 Hello, I'm still alive and kicking! How are you?

I've been so busy with reports and work and spending time with my boyfriend that I haven't had a chance to blog in a month! But I'm on summer holidays now and I'm back!

Last month, my family and I spent a lovely day out at a rose garden. The weather was perfect - mild and sunny. We've visited this garden with family friends before and my mum wanted to return for a picnic. We had schnitzels and coleslaw in rolls with some cherry chocolates as a little dessert. 

 

  

We wandered the gardens and admired all of the different types of roses and naturally took a gazillion photos. Here are some of them...

 

  

An Indian couple got married under these red roses. It was very cute. 

 
 

 
Outfit details:
My bag and suede fringed skirt are both old market finds.
I found this amber pendant on eBay earlier in the year and have become quite a collector of jewellery with this stone - it is so beautiful.


 

We ended the day with a quick stroll along the beach and then called it a day. I am so looking forward to more day trips this summer.



  
 
I hope you enjoy the week leading up to Christmas.
X

Comments

  1. Lovely to see the sunshine and the roses whilst we're in deepest winter! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you, Jess, and aren't those roses absolutely divine!
    I'm not surprised that Indian couple got married under that rose arch - so romantic!
    I'm loving your fringed skirt and your handbag has got a twin sister in Belgium :-)
    Enjoy your Summer holidays and have a most wonderful Christmas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!! Are you my bag twin? I love that! X

      Delete
  3. Hello Jess, great to see a new post! I was just thinking the other day I hadn't seen you pop up on my feed for a bit. Oh my, what a stunning red rose arch. The whole garden looks beautiful, and the models are rather good too. I am guessing you are having your summer solstice just as we are having our winter's one. Enjoy your break and magical yuletide greetings to you. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww that's sweet, Lulu. Life keeps me busy and away from blogging sometimes. The gardens are magnificent! X

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love roses - what a gorgeous place that is! I can almost smell them. Love your fringed skirt and lovely straw bag! Your pic of you and mum is wonderful.

    Happy Christmas and all the best to you for 2022, Jess! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would have looooved it there. So beautiful. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds