I'm looking through you

We are still in lockdown 6.0 here in Melbourne. I don’t mind working from home, even though I worry that my students have missed so much onsite learning this year and last. It’s out of my control though, so I’m just trying to do my best in supporting my students online. This week, lockdown exhaustion caught up to me, but I just need to remember to take breaks, and do little things for myself such as go for walks, read in the sunshine or do some cooking. It’s on sunny days like today and yesterday that I really miss not having the freedom to go out and about, frolicking in the sunshine. But we’ve gone through so many lockdowns already so I know they won’t last forever and hopefully we’ll be back to some sort of normality soon.

 

This is the latest book I’ve read – JENNIFER JUNIPER by Jenny Boyd. I’m usually a very slow reader but amazingly finished this book in 6 days. It left me feeling a bit sad actually, her life seemed so lonely as she tried to find an identity of her own amongst some well known musicians (her husband Mick Fleetwood and brother-in-law George Harrison), while navigating the swinging sixties and excesses of the seventies and trying to overcome her shyness and quietness. I always love reading people’s autobiographies and usually come away with a lesson. With this one, it was confounded to me the importance of being able to communicate your needs without shame and not just going along with everyone else’s plans and losing yourself in the process. Now whatever will I read next?

 

Here are some deserts I’ve made over the last few months…

Cheesecake with peaches and strawberries. I thought I was being sweet making this for my boyfriend after he completed a test/exam but turns out it wasn’t sweet enough and needed more sugar! Haha, at least it looked good!

These melting moments and profiteroles were perfect though – so delicious, I’m getting hungry just looking at these photos.

 

Here are some outfit photos I’ve taken, filed away and haven’t yet shared…

 

My winter uniform… a turtleneck and either a mini skirt, midi skirt or pants – always in cord! The best material for winter, in my mind!

 

Plus this denim dress. Boots are never far away, I can’t bear to wear anything else in winter. 

Luckily these boots are magical and seemingly make me look like I have the longest legs in Australia! Thank you boots!

A few days ago, I noticed the first blossoms to burst open on our peach tree. I am so excited for spring this year and the warmer weather that it entails. 10 more days, I can’t wait!

Hope all is well in your part of the world. Please tell me something cheery that is happening in your life at the moment.

X

 

Title: I'm Looking Through You by The Beatles.


Comments

  1. I'm sorry to hear you are once again in lockdown. Although we aren't and rules are being relaxed slowly but surely, there's no going back to normal just yet.
    I'm intrigued by the Jennifer Juniper book, and your mouth-watering desserts are definitely tickling my sweet tooth. Gorgeous outfits as usual, and I can't wait to wear boots again. It's one of the nice things about Winter!
    I'm currently looking forward to our annual September holiday, which definitely counts as something cheery happening in my life right now! Hang on in there, Jess xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you're back in lockdown. Have you had your vaccinatuions yet? I've heard nothing on the news about the Australian roll out.
    Your winter outfits are lovely but I bet you're dying for sandals and floaty frocks! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know of one Aussie who's had her first shot - have you had word yet? I hope these lockdowns don't last much longer! My province in Canada has a 75% double-shot, full-vaccination rate (excellent!), but the cases are shooting up fast due to the Delta variant.

    I love seeing your boots and cord skirts, Jess! You look awesome.

    I am drooling over your desserts! OMG, cheesecake....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear of the lockdown fatigue Jess. Well at least you are doing it in style with those magic boots (super long legs!!!) and divine deserts!!! Cornwall now has the highest Covid rate in the UK (because everyone from all over the UK seems to be here :0) . So we are being careful where we go and still trying to limit our contacts. The schools are due back from the summer holiday in just over one week and it would be a shame for them to have to close.

    On the plus, it is super sunny today. All the flowers in my garden are blooming away and I've been out in my summer dress, pottering around all morning. I'm now enjoying a nice coffee and chocolatey treat that one of our kind neighbours gave us.

    Enjoy the beautiful peach blossom. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds