Seaside, whenever you stroll along with me

 The Sunday before last, my sister organised for my family, boyfriend and I to eat out at a Japanese all-you-can-eat restaurant called OKAMI. I'm easily amused so I was excited to go and try a new place I'd never eaten at before. I was surprised at how much we all enjoyed the food and my favourites were definitely the prawns, mushroom salad, sashimi and teriyaki beef. I was also very keen to try the carpaccio as I'd never tasted it before but it wasn't quite what I had expected. We tried a bit of everything and finished up with a scoop of homemade matcha icecream for desert - delicious!   

 This is just some of the food we shared. We were too busy eating and didn't take many photos!

 
The next day (Monday), mum and I took my nonna for a day out to Geelong beach. First, we spent some time wandering around the Geelong Vintage Mills Market. My nonna bought a blue mosaic vase for her front room and I was just happy to look around. Mum liked the below jug and glasses set but left it as it was a bit pricey.

 

We ate lunch at a lovely little restaurant by the beach. Of course we had to have linguini pasta with seafood, it's our absolute favourite!

 

After lunch we had a nice stroll down the beach and took some photos with my nonna. Mum and I shared a choc and nut ice-cream from the ice-cream van - divine (I can never resist)! 


Mum wore a gorgeous matching suit that she sewed herself! Isn't she amazing?

My whole outfit is practically made up of my mum's clothing! The cord pants, turtleneck and boots are hers. My boyfriend finds it amusing that we're always clothes swapping and grumpily accusing each other of stealing clothes! The coat, bag and sunnies are mine though, promise!
 

 

 



We went home with happy bellies, some vitamin C from the lovely winter sunshine and some gorgeous views for our eyes. See you in my next blog post! 

 

X


Title: Seaside Rendevous by Queen.

Comments

  1. So nice to "meet" your boyfriend, Jess! Aw, you're so cute together. Your Japanese food looks mouth-watering - I'm a fan of it (we have tons of Japanese restos here). Love seeing your Nona and Mum (great suit!) and all these lovely pics of the beach. Those painted pilings are so fun!

    Have a great week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, that's so sweet of you to say.

      The food was yuuum!

      I know, we always have to take a photo by them when we are there. X

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures and very cute one of you and your boyfriend Jess :) The food looks delicious! One of my neighbours is Japanese and she says her children won't eat her food. I say she can always bring it round to me! Your mum is very clever making the suit and I find it funny that you and your nonna have the same bag swinging stance. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you. Yeah he's cute! 😆

      Oh that must be annoying to your Japanese neighbour because the food is delicious.

      I know, mum loves sewing. I'm always trying to get her to sew something for me but she saves her sewing energy for her own creations!

      Isn't that funny, I didn't even notice that about my nonna and I. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand