All the complicated boys know that the girls are so complicated

 


It's my first day of work holidays! Woohoo! There's so much I'm looking forward to... days out with mum, catching up with some friends, visiting my grandparents, finally using my pottery lesson voucher that my sister bought for me pre-Covid and spending as much time as I can with my boyfriend.


The last few weeks at work have been spent doing assessments and writing reports as well as two weeks of online learning, so I'm very grateful to have some time to relax and get ready for term 3. Melbourne's restrictions have eased considerably since lock-down 4.0 but people in their 20s don't yet have access to any Covid-19 vaccines. Have you got your vaccine yet? Some of the teachers at my work have had their vaccine and it's always interesting to hear their experiences. 

 

 

In other news, I have been living in turtlenecks and cord pants/skirts, as I do every winter. They're warm and suit me and I just can't bear to wear anything else because it's freezing most mornings. It's hard to look cute in the cold, I tell ya! Plus I love my little beaded bag so much that I bought its twin it at a secondhand market.

Hope you're all well and I hope to post more now that I'm on holidays.

Let the fun begin! X 


Title: Girls - from the 'Sing Street' Soundtrack.

(If you like music-based movies, you may love this movie as I do!)

 

Comments

  1. Yay to the holidays Jesse! You are absolutely rocking the mono colour, turtleneck look. The beaded bag is just perfect. Gorgeous photos.

    I wonder what vaccine you are all being offered in Australia? Being just 40 (trying to make myself feel younger here), I had the Oxford- Astra Zenica vaccine. Under 40s are being offered Pfizer. I felt ropey for a few days, but my folks (in their 70s) didn't notice a thing. Monsieur had the Pfizer one and his face temporarily drooped on one side (very rare side effect!). Apart from me not being able to look at him eating at tea time, he was fine.

    Hope you have a wonderful break. Lulu x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Lulu. You are so sweet.

      The same 2 vaccines are being offered here, though we need more Pfizer.

      Oh that's interesting to hear that you were alright with your vaccine. You partner though! What a worrying side effect! X

      Delete
  2. You certainly deserve your holidays after the term you've had! Loving your monochrome trousers and turtleneck combo. Both Jos and I had the Pfizer vaccine. Jos is fully vaccinated now and didn't have any side effects whatsoever. I had my first jab three weeks ago - two to go till the second - and only suffered a slightly painful arm on day 1. Enjoy your break, Jess! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's interesting to hear. Thanks for sharing yours and Jos' experiences, Ann! X

      Delete
  3. I love your cranberry turtleneck and matching cords, Jess, although they make me sweat just looking at them (we're experiencing a massive heatwave in my part of Canada right now). I love that you bought another beaded bag. Enjoy your holiday!!

    I have had my first jab (back in May) and I should be getting notice for my 2nd any day now - I'll likely be able to book it some time in late July. Woo hoo! I'm glad your numbers are low!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cranberry! I should start using that word to describe this turtleneck!

      Yay you've probably had your second dose by now, Shiela! X

      Delete
  4. Have a wonderful work break! That's a fabulous outfit proving you can look cute in cold weather clothing!
    Jon and I have been double jabbed for over a month now, we had the Astra-Zeneca and other than Jon having a heavy arm for a couple of days there were no problems to report. Anyone from 18 years of age can get jabbed in the UK now, you don't even need to book. We've heard about the spike in cases in Sydney, take care! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Vix, it's hard work trying to look cute in cold weather clothing!

      Oh that's good to hear! How great that you and Jon have had both vaccinations. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds