We take the pressure and we throw away, conventionality belongs to yesterday


I'm so glad these backyard blossoms got captured on camera at the beginning of spring. They lasted for about a week and then some strong winds blew them all away. Ah, it was beautiful while it lasted!



The garden is glorious at the moment. Roses are blooming, the orchids burst open and the greens are abundant.


About twice a week, I pick enough greens to fill this colander and we've been throwing them into soups or pasta.


These bluebells are so gorgeous. Last year, when I was at my dedo's (grandad's) house, I commented on how beautiful they are. All of a sudden, he pulled out a whole bunch and gave them to me to take home. You've got to be careful what you say around him! Last weekend, when we were checking in on him, I asked if I could pick a few of his lavender flowers and then he brought out a knife and insisted on cutting about 50 more so I had a huge bunch to take home. I love all of my grandparents and he is no exception.

 

Even my sunflowers are growing! Earlier this year my family and I had a day out to a sunflower farm. For $2 apiece, we were allowed to pick sunflowers and take them home.

 I dried the seeds and used them to create my very own sunflower field.


They'll grow to be as tall as me and will be the perfect backdrop for outfit photos, don't you think?

 

Spending some time in the garden was much needed this week as I haven't been feeling too well. I completed the last week of teaching online and next week, we return back onsite to the school. My students are excited, happy and nervous which perfectly sums up how I feel too. At times, stress overwhelms me as I've been so used to not being around people but I'm sure I'll get over it quickly. Some of my students have been so sweet in expressing how much they miss me and their classmates. It is delightful to know that they are so eager to get back to school.

And when I need a boost, double leopard always does the trick!

 

 Outfit details:

Turtleneck: Secondhand market, $5.

Velvet pants, boots: Retail.

Pink rose: Picked from the garden.

 


Next week is going to be a big week. Wish me luck!

X


Title: Grease is the Word.


Comments

  1. Wishing you luck for next week, Jess! I'm sure it will be a bit scary but exciting at the same time. Is it just me, or are there no pictures in your post? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann!

      Yes this week was good. I've gotten over my nervousness, that's for sure.

      I can't believe I didn't notice the photos were not visible. I'm sure they were there last week. I've fixed them now. Hopefully they can be seen on your end. X

      Delete
    2. I kept checking back to your blog, to see if your pictures had already appeared, and was happy to see they had! It was lovely to see the blooms in your garden, and your leopard outfit with the red boots is utterly fabulous! xxx

      Delete
  2. Hello Jess, alas I too can't see your pictures of sunflowers, bluebells, blossom and no doubt an awesome outfit! Best of luck for your first week back. I too was nervous about returning to work, but seeing my colleagues lifted my spirits, and you have your students' energy boosting qualities too. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I love that your dedo digs up clumps of plants for you. My old 'witch doctor' grandad used to pass me whole plants he'd ripped from his herb garden, saying he won't be needing them soon... ' I'll see you next week... god willing' he'd say. That went on for about fifteen years!!! I feel close to him whenever is see a clump of rhubarb. Hope your first week back went well. Lulu x

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lulu!
      The first week back at work as been good. It's like I never left.
      I've fixed the photos now, thank goodness.

      Aww that story about your grandad is so sweet. I have so many lovely memories of my grandparents, many of them involve something in the garden! X

      Delete
  3. Wishing you lots of lick on your return to school, Hope you feel much better soon. We're expecting a big announcement from our illustrious leader tomorrow, goodness knows what kind of restrictions we'll have imposed on us! xxx
    PS I'll keep checking back for photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix.
      Blogger has been a royal pain.
      I've fixed the photos now.

      Hopefully the Covid numbers reduce in your area. I know you are in a high risk area at the moment. Stay safe. X

      Delete
  4. Jess, your pics are missing - are you having issues with New-Blogger?

    I hope that going back to school hasn't been too rough on you and that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, I can't believe I went a whole week without noticing this!
      Thanks for letting me know.
      It seems I'm having problems with the new blogger.

      Thanks for your well wishes. The first week back at work was great! X

      Delete
  5. Subscribe yourself by email to your own blog - it'll come to your inbox about 24 hours after you post, and it'll give you the chance to see what your readers see. :)

    Yay, look at those awesome pictures! I love your double leopard, and I just want to hang in your garden all day!

    Easy recipe for "green" sauce with your kale, etc.
    - Sautee garlic/onions in olive oil; add two big bowls like you have here of washed (still wet) greens, bit by bit, till it all fits in the pan - anything works!
    - Reduce it down, add salt, pepper and nutmeg (key ingredient, don't skip it - check the taste)
    - Blend with a 500ml tub of ricotta cheese
    - portion out (makes about 4 servings) if needed; freezes well
    - toss with pasta, veggies, chicken, fish/shrimp/prawns - it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds