Follow the Yellow Brick Road

 Ahh, the yellow brick road! Wherever was it leading to? Home, of course!

Other than going to work, indeed I have been staying at home. This week, some lockdown restrictions have eased and we are now allowed to visit shops, restaurants and personal care businesses within 25km of our home. I'm not in too much of a rush to go anywhere. Wasn't it Dorothy who said, "there's no place like home"?


Speaking of Dorothy, I dressed up as her for Book Week! I was debating whether to go as her or Cleopatra (I collect vintage snake jewellery so it would've been a no-brainer), but figured my students would be more familiar with Dorothy. They had such a fun time dressing up and got a kick out of seeing me playing the character of Dorothy. All day I was saying, "Now Toto the dog is looking to see who works quietly" and "Toto has never read this book before. Can you please read it to him?"

 Source: Pinterest

Rather than spending silly money on a last minute costume, I decided to cobble this outfit together from things I already have. I last wore this gingham dress to the beach here. I borrowed the red clogs from my mum, as I don't have red sparkly shoes.

 

I call this look "Dorothy does clogs!" 

Oh clogs. I love the look of them but they can be so uncomfortable. This pair gave me blisters within 10 minutes of wearing them. Nevermind.

 

 Take a look at my sunflowers. I am so thrilled that they have burst open. I take such delight in seeing them grow. One place I would like to visit before the year is through, is a sunflower farm. Fingers crossed the 25km restriction is lifted soon!


Title: Follow the Yellow Brick Road from The Wizard of Oz.

Comments

  1. Hello Jess, oh I am just loving those sunflowers and what a brilliant outfit. Haha, I bet your students loved Toto. My kids get very excited for World Book Day, and my eldest daughter, who is a little book worm, usually goes as something pretty obscure (last year it was Laura from Michael Murpurgo’s ‘Wreck of the Zanzibar’). So nice to see your weather’s warming up and restrictions are lifting. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lulu.

      Book Week is always memorable for children so I thought I might as well play it to the hilt.

      Isn't that fantastic that your eldest daughter loves reading. It's surely one of the great joys in life. X

      Delete
  2. What a fab outfit, I love the dog in a basket. I must admit that I've never seen the Wizard of Oz so know nothing about it except for red shoes!
    Clogs are so comfy or at least the Lotta's are. Hasbeens are hellish! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix.

      I have yet to find a comfortable pair of clogs. I must always be finding Hasbeens at markets. Note to self: look for Lotta's! X

      Delete
  3. What a lovely idea to dress up as Dorothy for Book Week. The outfit is spot-on, and those plaits are delightful on you. I had a good giggle at Toto in his basket :-) I'm hearing you on the clogs, I couldn't wear them for very long either. But I haven't tried Lotta's yet ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful costume and I love the way you created it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a marvelous Dorothy - I love the clogs, but sorry to hear they were uncomfortable, Jess.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds