True love travels on a gravel road

Hello! I've been on a cooking spree lately - feast your eyes!


On Sunday, I made this delicious vegetable soup which is perfect in winter.


I also made my own lavash crackers and threw in so many herbs and spices - tumeric, thyme, basil, chilli, oregano, pepper, salt - and they turned out fantastic! I've been eating them everyday at work with some cheese and apples/grapes - delicious!


After looking back at my birthday photos, I decided to make some Macedonian tulumbi (doughnuts with syrup) again! On Monday, (a public holiday for the Queen's birthday) I even brought some over to my dedo's house, thinking he'd be all proud of me but with all that syrup, he's way too health conscious to eat them! Nevermind, dad and I still enjoyed pottering around in the backyard with him.


I wore this big fluffy leopard coat and my thigh high boots- two items that I reserve for very cold days. And under the coat was...


 More leopard!

Although some COVID-19 restrictions have eased in Australia, I still prefer to stay home when I'm not at work or checking in on my grandparents. I've been spending a lot of time reading, embroidering and watching TV in between writing my students' reports.


This book 'Elvis and Anita' is one that I have literally been wanting for YEARS! I've come across it on eBay occasionally but was not willing to part with $80+ for a book. Recently my sister was using her book voucher before it expired and she had some leftover money on it. When she asked if I was interested in buying a book too, I checked if this book was available online and it was! I happily gave my sister the $31 for it, and it arrived about a month later.


Anita Wood was one of Elvis' girlfriends from 1957-1962, witnessing several important times in Elvis' life including his rise to musical fame, entering the army and the death of his beloved mother. This book was respectfully and lovingly written by Anita's daughter Jonnita and I really enjoyed reading it! Now it sits among my place of pride with all my other music/band/musician related books and I suspect I'll reread it many times just like I do with my many other books.


What have you been doing / reading lately?
X



Comments

  1. The results of your cooking spree look utterly delicious, Jess. That vegetable soup looks truly mouth-watering, as does those crackers. I'd never heard of Macedonian tulumbi, but they might be a bit sweet for me by the sound of them. I love your fluffy leopard coat and that leopard frock is gorgeous too. The books sounds interesting. Restrictions are slowly being eased here as well, but I'm certainly not in a rush to go gallivanting about. I'm still staying at home much of the time as well. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, tulumbi are long donuts covered in syrup, similar to churros. They're definitely sweet, that's for sure!

      Thank you, the big leopard coat has been keeping me warm this winter.

      Enjoy your time at home. I love seeing photos of the things you collect and display at your home. X

      Delete
  2. I love the look and description of those crackers! Yum! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been eating them at work most days - delicious! X

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I love your double leopard, Jess! Fantastic. How nice that you were able to get the book you wanted! It looks interesting. Your tulumbi look delicious but not very good for one's waistline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nevermind the waistline, leopard print hides everything! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand