I need some time in the sunshine

Hello!
We've had some glorious winter sunshine recently. I've been enjoying my first few days of my work holidays and am glad to already be feeling very calm and relaxed.


I attribute my recent peace of mind to spending some time in the sun, having a picnic in the garden, going for walks and catching a sunset, which I was inspired to do after reading The Outsiders. I really ought to do that more often. 



Vegetable pasta for lunch. With lots of cheese. I do LOVE cheese. I also filled these cute cans with flowers from the garden. They're too cute to throw in the recycle bin, so I thought I'd reuse them.


This was my outfit to an op-shop on Saturday.


 My mum's been having some health scares lately and on the way to a medical appointment we noticed an op-shop nearby that was empty so we had a look around. I found some vintage sunglasses, a green jug and a photo album. I'm so glad shops have hand sanitizers readily available for customers to use, along with social distancing rules.  It makes me feel safe.




Tooled vintage bag: Op-shopped, $6.
Leopard skirt and boots: Market finds, $5 each.
Turtleneck: Retail.
Belt: I won this in an Instagram giveaway, which I was thrilled about. I love the see-though buckle.


More food! I made this healthy version of coconut panna cotta. It was okay, but not worth making again.


Holidays are for days out! 
Today my mum and I went to the beach.


We came across a hill covered in large rocks in an unusual pattern. There was no one around, so we jumped onto the rocks, had some silly fun and basked in the sunshine.


We walked though a vintage market and despite all my layers of clothes, I practically froze to death. There were very few people there so it was very easy to remain socially distanced and I liberally used the hand sanitizers available. I'm getting picky in my old (young) age and only buy things that I absolutely love and will use. I came away with two vintage scarves which I'm sure I'll share in a future post.



I liked the look of this pink lamp and my mum adored this 1950s table. Maybe I'll have a pale pink themed room in my future house!



I was happiest walking by the beach.

Dressing in a way that is different to the "norm" (aka wearing black or sweats) is a great conversation starter. Strangers often stop mum and I to have a chat or compliment our outfits, which is a really lovely way to interact with strangers.



Of course, who wouldn't want to befriend my cute mum?
Although I'm looking forward to catching up with some of my friends these holidays, I'm also keen to spend a lot of time with my mum and making sure she's okay.


How has your week been?
X


Comments

  1. You and your mum both look fabulous. Clothes are the best icebreaker, I always end up chatting with strangers after they've commented on something I'm wearing.
    Your lunch al fresco looks delicious as does that wonderful sunset.
    I hope your lovely Mum is okay, I know she's under a lot of stress at the moment. Give her a hug from me. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely words, Vix. X

      Delete
  2. I'm glad to hear that your holidays went off to a good start and brought you peace of mind. That sunset is gorgeous. I can't help running outside to take a photograph whenever I catch sight of a gorgeous one through the window. Your vegetable pasta looks absolutely delicious and I love those cans you've repurposed as flower vases. Saturday's op-shop outfit is fabulous, and I'm loving that belt, which is totally my kind of thing. Lucky you! I do hope all's well with your Mum! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look at us twinning with our love of belts! Belts are almost always a good addition to an outfit, I think.
      I know, I love taking photos of the sky too, Ann. It is so beautiful.
      Thanks for your lovely comments. X

      Delete
  3. Watching more sunsets is a good thing. I hope your mum is doing better - take good care of her, Jess. You two are so adorable in your fun outfits, and I agree, dressy clothes are a great conversation starter. Love your tooled leather bag - I have bag envy! Hugs to you and good vibes to Mum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela. I know, I can't look past a gorgeous sunset.

      I have a few tooled leather bags, all bought for less than $10 quite a few years ago. They're getting harder (and more expensive) to find. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand