Catch up, cats and kittens, don't get left behind


You're not scared of black cats, are you?

I sure hope not because we recently fostered two adorable kittens. My mum, sister and I spent the whole drive to the RSPCA thinking of iconic duo names (such as Bonnie and Clyde or Elvis and Priscilla) but after seeing the soft black fur on these kittens we just HAD to name them Sonny and Cher!

The real Sonny and Cher, if you were wondering.

The kittens hadn't had much human contact before coming home with us. The vet advised that we gradually build up our contact with them. At first they hissed and hid from us but after a couple of days they were sleeping in our laps. 


We looked after them for a few weeks until they had gained enough weight to be returned to the RSPCA and sold. This is the third or fourth time we've fostered kittens over the years and nothing prepares you for having to return them. Of course I cried but my sister's very sensible, reminding us that we've done a good thing caring for them in the first part of their life and now it's time for them to go off to their forever family.


When we were first picking up the kittens, we came across a Vinnies op shop and mum and of course I had to have a quick look around. In the window, this vintage St Michael's dress was hanging on a mannequin, waiting for me. 


I went straight to the front desk and asked to have a look at the dress. My eyes practically popped out when I saw the $6 price tag! Op-shop prices can be unpredictable these days. I promptly handed over my money. 



Hanging out by the roses.


Talking about roses, here's a little vase I filled with flowers from the backyard. After using the last drops of an Italian drink in some chocolate mousse I made a little while ago, I didn't want to throw out this cute bottle that was a take home gift from my friend Deana's engagement party. So I decided to re-purpose it into a little vase and I think it looks very cute.



As well as chocolate mousse, I also made my first ever cheesecake a little while ago. I put lemon curd in it and it was delicious!





I hope your weekend has been as sweet as cheesecakes and these kittens. Bye Sonny and Cher, we miss you!




Comments

  1. Obviously, having a black cat myself, I am certainly not afraid of them and simply cannot understand why people are so weary of them. And aren't Sonny and Cher adorable? I can safely say I would have cried too. I'm loving the vintage St Michael's dress. What a find! I love the colour, and St. Michaels is always guaranteed quality. Your cheesecake looks absolutely delicious. Yummy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I think black cats are the cutest!
      Sonny and Cher were so adorable - I miss them.

      The vintage St Michael's dress was such a great find. I love wearing red. I don't know much about St Michael's but I'm glad to hear that they're a quality brand.

      The cheesecake was so delicious. I'm looking forward to making one again. X

      Delete
  2. I love Sonny and Cher, I don't think I could have given them back! Thank goodness for your family's kind hearts, giving those beautiful kittens a chance in life. They really are adorable.
    That St Michael dress is a great fit on you, what a bargain!
    Your first cheesecake is a masterpiece. We had to make them at school. I always used ginger biscuits instead of Digestives as a base, loved the tang! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard to give Sonny and Cher back, but I knew we were doing a good thing looking after them in the first part of their lives.

      I am thrilled with the St Michael dress!

      Ooooo, ginger biscuits as a base for your cheesecake. That sounds nice. I might try that next time. X

      Delete
  3. Oh, I would not have been able to give up those little bugs - I adore black cats and would have kept them for myself. But good for you for fostering - that's such a gift that you're giving their new people!

    Love your wonderful dresses in this post - they're so cheery and fun. Take care of yourself, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela. You're so kind.

      I think we all need to wear bright clothes at the moment in an attempt to cheer ourselves us up. Take care. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds