All Dressed Up With Nowhere To Go


 I recently had a school event that I needed to attend on a Saturday, so I thought I'd dress up in this floral maxi dress. I hadn't worn it in a while, so it needed a twirl.


I was dancing around in the garden in the same dress and belt last November, nothing's changed. 

When I returned home, I pondered on what I could do for the rest of the day and declared "I'm all dressed up with nowhere to go!" Then I remembered that I needed to go to the post office to buy some large postage boxes for a pair of boots and purple fluffy jacket that I sold on eBay. I love selling things! I got there just in time, the post office closes at 2pm. 


Dress- opshopped.
Belt, bag (vintage) and boots: second hand market finds.
Rings: Last shared here.


Before going back home, my mum and I popped into the opshop that's a few doors down from the post office and I found a Lucille Ball book for $2. I like watching I Love Lucy and The Lucy Show, so I was thrilled to score this book. On the car drive home, I started reading the introduction that was written by her daughter, Lucie Arnaz. Lucie writes that the manuscript for her mother's autobiography was only found after both of her parents passed away. I was really keen to start reading it straight away, but should have known better because reading in a moving car always makes me car sick! 


I'm also in the middle of reading this Elvis book. Isn't it annoying  when you're in the middle of a book and then another one takes your fancy? I should just read them both at the same time. I remember doing that in primary school - that must be why I'm a bit scatterbrained! 




In other news, my mum, sister and I are getting into the (very early!) Christmas spirit by baking fruitcakes. It can be made months in advance and fruitcake tastes better when it has more time to develop its rich flavours. I've had a little taste and it's delicious! 



Right I'm off, see you next week. 
X

Comments

  1. That dress is utterly gorgeous, Jess, and I love how you paired it with the tan boots and bag. That tooled bag is a joy to behold. I'd love to read Lucy Ball's autobiography, so I might keep an eye out for it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. I love how the bag and boots match too.
      I've read about a third of the book so far and I am enjoying it. Lucy's ambition and perseverance is quite inspiring. X

      Delete
  2. That dress looks so good on you an dis utterly perfect with the tooled leather bag and campus boots.
    I've no idea who Lucille Ball is - I had to Google her and I'm still none the wiser. Must have bypassed the UK! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix.
      Haha, that made me laugh. Isn't it funny how some performers/musicians etc are well known in some countries and then not in others.
      Lucille Ball was an American comedian and actress in her self-produced shows 'I Love Lucy' (1951-1957) and 'The Lucy Show' (1962-1968).

      Delete
  3. That is a lovely dress, Jess! You look fab in it, and it's perfect for the post office! The Lucy book looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, perfect even for just a trip to the post office. Thanks.
      I'm now half way through the book and I'm quite enjoying it. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds