Down by the sea is where you drown your scars



What a busy week it's been. I'm a bit behind on publishing a blog post this week, and thought I'd skip it altogether but I've got some outfits/fun times that I'd like to share.

Outfit: all second hand market finds. Bag: vintage.

On Saturday, I spent the day at a beachy-town Torquay with my parents. I was determined to get to the beach. I love looking at the water. It's such a simple pleasure and it makes me feel so happy.


It was quite cold and windy and at one point my mum declared "Let's not ever take photos at the beach again!" Our hair and skirts were flying in all directions - it was hilarious.

I've no idea what I'm grinning at! Haha!

Then we spent some time wandering around a farm. Torquay has the best of both worlds, one minute you're at a beach and after a short drive, you're in the country side. About 50 kangaroos leaped past and I suddenly felt like I was in The Lion King! We never see kangaroos in the suburbs, so it was a nice experience. 


I wandered around taking photos. 


In the evening, we returned back to Melbourne to go to my uncle's girlfriend's birthday party at an Italian restaurant. I went there for my 21st birthday a few years back, and the food is always delicious. I had pesto fettuccine and neglected to take photos. Whoops, I was too busy enjoying myself!

On Sunday, my mum and I went to the market. We were both eager to go as we haven't been there in weeks. 



It can get pretty cold at the market during Winter, but with this cape and a bucket of sweet potato chips between us, we were raring to go.


I came away with some funky soaps made with essential oils and a 1970s tooled bag.


Wearing this cape on Sunday inspired me to dress up as Little Red Riding Hood on Monday as the primary school I work at was celebrating Book Week. Instead of spending a small fortune on a costume, I used items I already had to put this outfit together. I even painted on freckles using eyeliner.


Cape and basket (my mum's): vintage, market finds
Boots: these beauties were made in Croatia
Beret: handmade .


I think it was a pretty cute outfit. Next year I want to dress up as either a pirate, a cowboy or Cleopatra for Book Week! You better believe I'll pull it off using items I already have. 


See you next week (if I can get myself organised!) in a new blog post. 
X


Comments

  1. Your green skirt is just magnificent, Jess - love it with the leopard top. Beaches are always windy! But that sounds like a fun and memorable trip for you and your mum.

    Love the cape outfit, and I am so excited that you made it into your Little Red Riding Hood costume! I always try to do costumes using only what I have in my closet - it's so much more creative than buying something new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beaches are always windy, aren't they! I still love them.
      Thanks Sheila, it is a creative way to dress up, isn't it? X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand