Rocketman


Recently, my mum, sister and I went to the cinemas to watch Rocketman. It's received some mixed reviews so I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy it or not. Turns out, I loved it!


I enjoyed how it was part movie, part musical. I loved singing along to the songs and found myself saying "I didn't know Elton John sang this song!" [in particular, Pinball Wizard and Don't Go Breaking My Heart]. I was also on the verge of tears a couple of times, I had no idea about Elton John's hardships. 


Whilst Elton John's flamboyant fashion isn't particularly the style of vintage fashion that I like, I did love the platform boots that some of the characters wore. At one point in the film, the character who played Bernie, Elton's friend/songwriting partner, wore a fab brown velvet suit. My mum and I both glanced at each other and gasped "I LOVEEEE that suit!"


 After the movie, we popped into an old favourite, Brunetti, for lunch. My mum and I both chose the pasta with porchini mushrooms and my sister had the pesto pasta. It was delicious.



After lunch we took some quick outfit photos. I like how the brown archway matched my boots. 


We burst into laughter when a passing train tooted at us. Nothing to see here, we're just taking photos for the blog!


Outfit details:
Afghan style coat: opshopped in NSW, years ago.
Earrings: Borrowed from my mum.
Vintage bag and boots: market finds.
Snake print skirt and turtleneck: retail.

We also managed to cajole my sister into taking some photos of us in front of this painted wall. 


The photo below captured the moment when I burst into laughter again because an old man slowed down his car to stare at us whilst we took photos. We chuckled about how we were stopping traffic! Haha.


We had a lovely day filled with good film, good food and good ol' laughter.


See you next week in a new blog post.
X


Comments

  1. Anonymous16 July, 2019

    Aw, glad you enjoyed "Rocketman"! I loved the clothes in that movie - so amazing. You and your mum look awesome, stopping traffic, ha ha! Well done!

    Have a great week, Jess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed looking at the clothes in the movie too.

      Haha, thanks Shiela! I don't know if we were stopping traffic, or if people are just curious! X

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the film, the stills you've shared look really good!
    Fab photos of you and your mum, you stylish pair! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Vix. We have fun dressing up. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds