Heart of the Country


A little while ago, my mum and I returned to our favourite country town, Daylesford. First, we had a look through the vintage mills market and I found these Elvis and Johnny Cash records.


The hand embroidered clock (left) is a recent op-shop find. And to think it was only $2! It's so cute!


Then, we visited the Lavender farm, which we haven't been to in years. 


The lavender wasn't in bloom but I could still smell the aroma in the air. It was so lovely to stroll around the gardens. An Italian family used to own the farm and it's evident that they were religious as they had built a huge Jesus statue. It's reminiscent of the Art Deco statue of Jesus in Brazil.


There was a beautiful olive grove area too. Interesting fact: Did you know that olive trees never die of natural causes? 


I love olives and recently marinated some homegrown olives given to me by a friend. I can't wait to eat them.



We sat under the trees and basked in the sun whilst having a late lunch. Usually in winter, it can get really cold in Daylesford, but the weather was just perfect.


My mum and I were so looking forward to eating this vegetable minestrone. Everything was so delicious, even the sourdough bread. I never thought I was really into vegetable soup, but I've been converted!


When we were leaving, a lady kindly offered to take a photo of my mum and I. She's wearing her gorgeous tan boots, a cord skirt (market find) and a vintage turtleneck (op-shop find). My mum never used to be into secondhand shopping, but now she's my ultimate op-shopping/market buddy. 


I wonder if I have also inspired any readers to shop second hand. There are some real treasures to be found. I don't call this blog Dreaming of Vintage Treasures for nothing! Haha.

Outfit details:
Beret: Handmade by my nonna's friend.
Basket bag: Market find, $7.
Turtleneck: hand-me-down from my sister.
Palazzo pants and snake print boots: Retail finds.
Coat: Vintage market find. 
I call this my 'Anita Pallenberg' coat.


See you next Wednesday in a new blog post.

Comments

  1. That is so cool that you and your mum shop in the charity shops together! You both look wonderful, totally channeling the 70s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, she's my ultimate op-shopping/secondhand fashion buddy. X

      Delete
  2. I love olives - counting the days till I eat them in Greece!! That minestrone looks more like a stew than a soup, I'd eat that in a heartbeat.
    You and your mum look fab and its absolutely wonderful that you've converted her to shopping secondhand. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, I love olives too. And the soup was so delicious too.
      My mum never used to be that keen on secondhand shopping but now we love finding treasures together. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds