It rains for you and me

Last Wednesday, my Nonna came over to stay at our home for a few days while I was on work holidays. I don't get to visit her enough when I'm working so it was great to spend some extra time with her.


On the first day she was over, we had a day trip out to Daylesford. We go there whenever my sister or I have work or uni holidays, we even went for my birthday. It was a rainy day, so we mostly stayed indoors.




First we bought some honey as we always do, then we visited the Daylesford Mills Market. 

The giant gorilla that greets you as you enter the Mills Market!

I love Johnson Brothers plates!


At first I was going to buy a few records but then promptly forgot all about them when I found some vintage treasures! 




I was thrilled to find a hand-embroidered, Hungarian-made, vintage vest! It reminds me of our treasured black, handmade, woolen vest that my Baba bought over to Australia from Macedonia many years ago. So when I found this traditional Hungarian vest, I knew I had to take it home with me.




The second vintage item I bought was also handmade. My mum spotted this beautiful, wool woven bag and knew I'd like it. On the tag, it said that it was handmade in 1965 during a SAC 1, at Caulfield Tech. I love how it noted the exact year and how it was made by someone as part of a high-school project. The fact that these two items were handmade is so endearing to me!

It was too rainy to take photos in Daylesford, so I quickly took these when we got home.


After the Mills Market, we went out for lunch. It was nice and cozy near the fireplace as the rain poured outside. Then we visited the Daylesford Book Barn, and shared some cake as we chatted away, listening to my Nonna tell stores of her parents, siblings and youth.



I captured a few photos of Lake Daylesford. I really love it there, and the rain made it feel even more peaceful. The day ended with us driving home and enjoying my mum's mushroom, potato and chicken pies. It was certainly a day of homemade and handmade delights!







Outfit details:
Hat: Another handmade delight. My Nonna gave it to me that morning. A friend of hers had made it. It's the most amazing colour!
Afghan coat: Bought quite a few years ago at  at an opshop on the way to NSW for $4!
Leather, New-Zealand made boots: Market find.
Velvet culottes, turtleneck and scarf: retail.
Bracelets: market finds, the top one was $3 and the Italian-made snakeskin one was $1!






Comments

  1. Love your waistcoat and how pretty you look with that beret and red lipstick! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix! I've never been into berets, until now! Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand