Peace in the Valley

Earlier in the week, my mum, sister and I went to a retro cafe that we love. It has a small selection of food and sweets and is decorated in retro and vintage ornaments, furniture and shelves of knitting wool. People gather there for weekly knitting or crocheting classes, it's such a sweet little place.


We had some tea, scones and a chocolate biscuit. I was inspired by all the crocheted clothing and accessories. I've crocheted blankets before and this year I want to learn how to crotchet a beret.


Later, when my sister went to work, my mum and I walked down the steep and very slippery hill to the valley.


This was the first time I wore my vintage cape. I love that it's wool and was made in England! I've never owned a cape before so I really enjoyed the feeling of being snuggled under a blanket. The vintage bag I bought last week for $4 perfectly matches the cape. It's made in Italy and I can't wait to show it to my Nonna, she loves seeing my finds, especially things from Italy.

My mum wore her plaid skirt, she loves all things plaid! And she's wearing my 1970s vintage boots - she likes to steal my stuff!


It started to rain and we scrambled back up the hill. What a sight we must have been! My mum accidentally dropped the camera bag and luckily I noticed it before we drove off. So I scurried back down the hill, grabbed the bag and ran back to the car! 


I'd love to return to the valley some time. The last time we went, we saw a snake. Although I love snake jewellery, the thought of being near a real snake terrifies me!


Right, I'm off to watch a DIY crochet beret video.
See you next Sunday in a new blog post!


I was dramatically singing this old, old gospel song whilst in the valley and I made my mum laugh!

Comments

  1. You look fab in your cape. Who was the maker? The colours are lovely on you.
    Your mum looks great in her (your) skirt and boots, too - how lovely that you can share!
    What a sweet little cafe. A crochet beret sounds like a great project, I'm still on the granny squares! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vix! I love the colours of the cape too. The maker is Ben Nevis. Are you familiar with this vintage brand?

      I started the beret last night. Fingers crossed it turns out okay. X

      Delete
    2. I know it - a Scottish label - I often come across mohair shawls and capes with it!

      Delete
  2. That cape is wonderful! I love capes, but they are a pain with any kind of shoulder bag. Like Vix, I always want to know who made it (and I love a glimpse at vintage labels!). Your mum is gorgeous (I see where you got your good genes, Jess!) and I love her skirt.

    I should get out my crochet hook - I'm good at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet, Shiela. My mum says a big "thank you" too!

      The cape was made by Ben Nevis. I should have included a picture of the vintage label, I love looking at them too.

      Indeed, you should get out your crotchet hook! What do you like crocheting? X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand