Friday On My Mind


On Good Friday, my family and I went on a short holiday to Lorne for the Easter long weekend. First thing's first, we stopped at the Chocolaterie on the way. There were lots of Easter displays and even some chocolate shaped as Australian animals!




There were huge bowls of dark, milk and white chocolate chips for visitors to try. Large windows allowed viewers to see the workers making the chocolate. This man was making chocolate covered honeycomb - yum!


Along the Great Ocean Road, there's lots of ocean lookouts.

 
Whatever were we laughing about?


My sister wanted to stop off and look at the lighthouse in Aireys Inlet. There were so many tourist there, including us!



We continued driving the long and very winding road. The road signs warned us that it's quite dangerous driving around and around the steep and narrow roads on the mountain. I was like a baby in a rocking chair, I fell straight to sleep. Good thing I wasn't driving!

When we arrived at the motel, we relaxed for a bit then walked along the beach, browsed the strip of shops and had a gelati (lemon curd and gianduia flavoured- delicious!)

Outfit details:
Vintage tooled bag, brown leather boots and octagon sunglasses: secondhand market finds.
Velvet leopard pants and turtleneck: retail.


Join me on Wednesday for more tales of food and seaside fun at Lorne.



Comments

  1. I love the Australian chocolate animals! How cute are they?
    Lorne looks like a lovely place to visit, gorgeous beach and lighthouse.
    Your leopard print trousers are fab. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vix!
      The chocolate animals are so cute. I've never seen anything like it before, so I HAD to take a photo of it!
      Lorne is lovely, I like any place that has a beach! X

      Delete
  2. I thought you were wearing a skirt, but velvet PANTS? LOVE! Mmm, those chocolates look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving these leopard pants - they're so comfy. I'm noticing quite a bit of velvet and cord palazzo pants in the shops lately, so I'm stocking up on them, whist they're available! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand