Take my hand, let me stand



Hello! How was your weekend?
Mine was pretty good. 
On Saturday, I decided to braid my hair! 
I always have my hair in a ponytail, so it was nice to try something different.




The combination of the braids and my huge coin necklace made me feel rather Cleopatra-esque. I love the 1963 film Cleopatra, if only for the fashion and gorgeous snake jewellery. 


Source

Source

I wore this outfit to visit a new local cannoli bar that my sister had discovered. 


My mum and I were in our element - we love all things Italian and homemade. I had the nutella canolli and can't wait to go back and try a different flavour, perhaps the chocolate or the classic flavour (it had cedro in it, which is sugared pieces of the white part of lemon skins).


Source

Source



On Sunday, we went to the football and the Bulldogs won what I thought was going to be a losing game. Go Dogs!


In the morning, my mum and I went to the  market and I found two things:

This crazy glass skull and a velvet dress, $3 each.


I umm-ed and ah-ed over the glass skull, as I wasn't sure what I'd use it for. Then I figured, for $3, I'll get it, and I love how it looks filled with flowers! It's a good reminder of my own mortality too, that I shouldn't take life for granted.




I'm a big Elvis fan and heard this duet with his daughter Lisa Marie Presley on the weekend. I've been singing it for days, it's so beautiful. I love Lisa's vocals.






Outfit details:
Vintage wool sweater (made in Scotland), vintage bag (made in Italy), boots (made in New Zealand), coin necklace found last week- market finds.
Can you tell I like things that are made in different countries?!
Velvet pants and scarf- retail. 


Have a great week! 



Comments

  1. Loving the coin necklace and the braids, what a nice change to a pony tail.
    Do you watch Detective Montalbano (an Italian subtitled drama series set in Sicily)? He's obsessed with Canolli! I'm not a sweet tooth at all but that cafe looks wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vix,
      No I haven't heard of it, I'll have to check it out. I think I'm obsessed with canolli now too! Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds