Did we unravel a long time ago?

 
Our final day in Phillip Island started with breakfast at a cafe by the beach. I had avocado and chutney on toast. I really love breakfast food but was disappointed by the breakfast meals we bought on holiday because they were all a bit average.
 

 
The sunshine and sight of blue ocean was a nice distraction and I loved spotting some swans and pelicans in the water.
 
 
 
  
 
On the drive home, we stopped at another cafe for some tea and scones. I loved the small waterfall and luscious, green ferns. We wandered around the nearby bush, spotting a cockatoo kept in a cage. How sad to be a bird stuck in a cage. A sign said that the particular bird was 84 years old and had been stolen and somehow recovered in Sydney, although I suspect someone may have felt sorry for this trapped bird and simply let it free.
 
 
 
 
By the time we drove home, I'd finally finished reading Daisy Jones and The Six. I enjoyed the book and the last page made me teary. This book seems to be inspired by Fleetwood Mac, I noticed some similarities in the love-hate relationship between some band members and the strength and confidence of the female musicians. Now that I've watch the show, I'm convinced some of Daisy's outfits with voluminous sleeves were definitely inspired by Stevie Nicks' seventies style. My sister and I have absolutely loved watching the series and we can't wait to watch the last four episodes.
 

 
As soon as we got home, I couldn't wait to fill the strawberry jug that I'd bought on holiday with flowers from the garden. Pink, vintage and made in Italy, what's not to love?  I also couldn't wait to visit my boyfriend, I'd missed him.
 
 
 
What books/shows have you been enjoying lately?
X
 
 
Title: Look At Us Now by Daisy Jones and The Six.
This song has been stuck in my head for WEEKS!

Comments

  1. I haven't watched nor read Daisy Jones & The Six, but I think I should as everybody keeps raving about it. I'm currently reading Myself When Young, which is Daphne du Maurier's autobiography covering her formative years.
    I'm absolutely loving that gorgeous strawberry jug filled with flowers! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ferns, they grow like mad in our garden and I never get tired of looking at them.
    We really enjoyed Daisy Jones and watched it over two nights. I've not read the book, I've heard mixed reviews but if I see it in a chazza then I'll get it.
    We're currently obsessed with The Wire and I'm reading The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry, a Victorian widow travels from London to search for a mythical beast. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read DJ and the Six for Book Club last year - have not seen the series. I just finished "The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet" by Becky Chambers and I LOVED it.

    What a pretty place!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds