With love, from me to you

It's so hot in Melbourne as I write this, I'm sweating and clutching my iced water but nevermind that, let me take you back to last month when my mum and I went to the beautiful Lavendula farm near Daylesford. The lavender fragrance filled the air and greeted us as soon as we arrived.


 


 



I had gnocchi with cheese, mushrooms and asparagus for lunch and my mum enjoyed her canelloni. We sat under some lovely trees and enjoyed our surroundings.


 




We walked around the farm and spotted geese, emus and lamas. Boy, did the emus scare me, they look so mean! I spotted a wild berry bush and ate some berries. They were so sweet and delicious, I could hear my nonna's voice in my head saying "they're full of antioxidants!". I love her!


 

   


I wore my new-to-me pastel gingham dress that I bought at a secondhand market for $5. Pretty good, don't you think? The only thing is that in photos, the sun bleaches out the colours and the dress looks white. Still, my retro basket bag and yellow sandals nicely match the pink, blue and yellow in my dress. 

I haven't been to many markets lately but I found two other cotton summer dresses on that occasion. I find cotton is great for summer days. What do you wear when the weather is unbearably hot?


 

I spotted this tree with love heart shaped leaves.

With love, from me to you!


It's Friday and I'm looking forward to the weekend! What have you been up to?

 

Title: From Me To You by The Beatles.

Comments

  1. I wear as little as possible when the weather's hot - usually a bikini - but failing that, a cotton maxi dress and a mahoosive straw hat!
    You and your mum look very pretty and Daylesford is gorgeous. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vix.
      Cotton dresses are always great for summer. I think I need a few more. X

      Delete
  2. What a magical place, Jess, thank you so much for sharing it with us.
    Your dress looks absolutely perfect for combating the heat, and I'm swooning over that gorgeous bag! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann. I love revisiting this place. X

      Delete
  3. We so seldom get really hot weather here, but I swear by cotton, silk and linen. That's a lovely dress on you, Jess, and doesn't Mum look gorgeous too! I can almost smell the lavender!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shiela. 🥰 I should look out for some silk or linen dresses. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds