Ain't it good to be alive

 For this blog post, I am traveling back to my work holidays in July... a lovely day out to the Yarra Valley Chocolate Factory with my mum. We have visited one of these chocolate factories before and it has become a favourite of ours.


My beautiful mum in a dress she made. Isn't she a sewing genius?


On the long drive there, my mum and I stopped off at an opshop (of course). I found some cream leather boots for $10, a $2 vintage green scarf that my mum spotted on the way out and a Snow White DVD. I love my old school Disney DVDs and am actually dressing up as Snow White next week for Book Week! I look forward to sharing my costume on here. (If I remember, I'll share a photo of my finds tomorrow, as it's too dark to take photos this evening, as I write).


 

 

 

I wore my cord skirt, cream sweater (it reminds me of one that Linda McCartney wore in the 60s/70s), my snakeskin boots and snakeskin bag (both vintage). Something about all that snakeskin made me feel fabulous, or that I'd easily blend in with Keith Richards' group of friends in the 60s (ha!). I also wore my new-to-me coral pendant that I'd scored for $20 at the Sunday market a few days previously.


Instead of eating something chocolate-y at the chocolate factory, mum and I ate brunch, how ironic. We ordered two things and shared them - avocado toast with feta and tomatoes, plus a potato rosti with two poached eggs and salmon on top - so delicious! We also shared a very rich hot chocolate. I think it completely filled us up, so unfortunately we felt too full for any desserts.


After lunch, we walked around the little lake, even though it was grey and drizzling with rain. We admired the farm animals, there was even a pig in the distance.

 

 

Checking out the view and animals.

 

The long drive home concluded our lovely day out.

Next time, I'll have to share my Sovereign Hill photos with you. 

X

 

Title: Angie by The Rolling Stones.


Comments

  1. What a wonderful day out, Jess, and once again, both you and your Mum are dressed to the nines for it. Oh, and doesn't that brunch look delicious? And now I'll be humming Angie all day. I started doing so by reading your blog title alone :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lovely day, Jess! Your Mum is indeed a sewing genius and your snakeskin bag is fabulous. Mmmm...that avocado on toast looks amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand