Don't let them fool ya, or even try to school ya

 



Can you believe these photos were taken during my January work holidays earlier this year? Time really does speed by! Judging by our winter clothing, these photos very well could have been taken last week as we are now in the middle of winter here in Melbourne. I have lots of photos piled up that I'll eventually share on this blog. Even though I am always behind on blogging, I still like to take photos when out and about or if I'm wearing a cute outfit, don't you worry about that!


This must have been after mum and I visited a delectable cheese and wine eatery in Daylesford. We came home telling tales of the delicious food and were inspired to make our very own charcuterie board. 

We sat by the river, enjoyed the food and sights and also brought books along to read. All in all, a perfect little adventure. 


Mum's wearing:

A vintage, opshopped dress.

Hair flower, patterned tights and boots - retail finds, bought years ago.

 

I'm wearing:

A vintage jacket and belt - Secondhand market finds.

Vintage dress - Op-shopped.

Boots and sunglasses - Bought brand new at a secondhand market. I love when that happens!

I didn't notice it at the time, but mum and I were wearing colour-coordinated outfits on this day. You'd be surprised how often this happens!

 

 

I love making the most of my time off work. I'm not out and about every day though. Yesterday was spent at home, just relaxing, reading, watching TV and embroidering. Today my mum's old school friend Christine came over for lunch with her daughter Eva. It was so lovely catching up with them, I've known them since I was little.


I hope you're having a wonderful day, whatever you're doing. See you in my next post.

X


Title: Could You Be Loved by Bob Marley.

Comments

  1. I clocked your colour--coordinated outfits straight away and you both look wonderful. You can keep the meat and cake but I'd be happy to dive into that platter and stuff my face with cheese and olives even at this time in the morning. Yum!
    Are you into Bob Marley & The Wailers now? I remember you asking me for suggestions of what songs of theirs to listen to lasy year. Timeless classics! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vix! Yes the cheese board was delicious!

      Yes I like some of their songs. Was it you who turned me onto them?? (Can't remember). Thank you for that!! X

      Delete
  2. I've been humming that song from the minute I read your post title!
    You're both looking gorgeously colour coordinated and that charcuterie platter looks utterly delicious! I'm always behind with posting as well, so never mind about that! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, we'll post when we feel like it or have time, I say. Thank you Ann. The food was yuuum! X

      Delete
    2. Yes what a good, catchy song it is! X

      Delete
  3. You and your mum look amazing, as always, Jess! I love your oversized sunnies! So chic, as is your mum's hair-flower.

    Hope you are doing well, don't worry too much about keeping up on posting - just do it when you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm getting a bit better at just posting when I have time or feel like it, and not putting pressure on myself. Thank you dear. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds