If I needed someone to love, you're the one that I'd be thinking of


Hello! I feel like I've been away from Blogland for what seems like forever but in reality it's only been 3 weeks! Just writing a quick blog post to say hello. I hope you're all doing well.

 

The last couple of weeks have been busy. I've had the pleasure of watching my sister's theatre show 'Everyone in Famous' twice. She's such a clever actor, I love seeing her performances which are always funny, deep and thought-provoking. This was her last show as part of the youth group as she is now deemed "too old" even though she's only in her early twenties. Nevermind, I'm sure she'll get involved in another performing community soon.

 

I also had Orthodox Easter last Sunday, which was one month after the Catholic Easter this year. Double the fun and food, I say. My dad's side of the family came over for a lovely lunch that my mum cooked.

On Saturday I had my dear friend Deana's wedding. After having to reschedule her wedding last year due to COVID-19, she was so happy and relieved to finally get married. Beaming and smiling all day, Deana looked like a real life princess in her wedding dress. I'm so happy for her and couldn't help but shed some happy tears during her first wedding dance. 

 

Mother's Day (yesterday) was spent with my mum and some of her side of the family. We went out for lunch before walking over the football. The Bulldogs won in a close game against Carlton, so my football-mad dad was happy. 

The last few months have been extra special as I've been loving spending time with my boyfriend Pat. Yes, you read that right, chronically-single me has found herself a lovely boyfriend. He's slowly meeting some of my loved ones and maybe I'll share a photo of us on here one day.

Outfit details:

Dress- Hand-me-down from mum. 

Vintage scarf & bakelite bangles: Secondhand markets.


 Title: If I Needed Someone by The Beatles.

 

Comments

  1. Aw, congrats to you, Jess! Life can be lonely without a companion, and I hope Pat is worthy! ;-P

    Love your dress and I always drool over your bangles. I miss weddings! Glad to hear from you! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shiela! I love reading your blog posts and am glad I caught up on a few of yours just now.

      Thank you, yes he's worthy hehe!

      Delete
  2. What wonderful news, Jess! I hope we get to meet Pat very soon!
    Your dress is gorgeous and you've got such a wonderful collection of bangles!
    I'm glad to hear you got to celebrate Easter twice and that your friend was finally able to bet married in style! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. No doubt you will at some point.

      You know me, I love my bangles. Yes very happy for my friend Deana. X

      Delete
  3. Lovely to hear from you and thrilled by your news! I look forward to meeting Pat! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Vix. You'll have to meet him "virtually" through this blog. Oh if only I was in the UK, all the opshopping fun we'd have! X

      Delete
  4. Hello Jess, great to see you and your bangles back on here :) Sounds like you have been having a lovely time with your family, friends and boyfriend (p.s. Pat is a great name!). Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe you're funny Lulu! Glad you're enjoying some bangle pictures. Yes, life's been good to me so far (do you know that song?).

      It was good catching up on your recent blog posts too. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand