Mama, You've Been On My Mind

Hello!
I wasn't sure if I'd get around to writing a blog post this week, I've been so busy and haven't had the inclination to write until now.


These photos were taken during the week and are pretty candid as my sister randomly started snapping away as I was eating lunch and reading in the sunshine. As I spend a lot of time working from home indoors on my laptop, as soon as it's lunchtime I'm keen to get outside a bit.



One second, let me fix my hair!


My peace and quiet was interrupted by my mum who was taking some outfit photos so I had to join in, of course!



Last Sunday was Mother's Day so I made my mum a lovely lunch.
I was inspired to make Southern fried corn after recently reading an Elvis recipe and tsaziki and homous dips after seeing Tonia Buxton's delicious looking trio of dips. I even made my own Lebanese bread! Everyone at home loved it!


 The Lebanese bread took ages to make and we all got a bit hungry as I pan fried each piece one by one, so in the meantime
 we enjoyed some profiteroles. 



My family and I gave my mum some jewellery, a sewing machine (which she's thrilled about) and the embroidered pillowcases I showed you in my last blog post. Since then I've embroidered two t-shirts and I'm working on a cardigan. I'll have lots to show you next week.


A close up of my outfit, for Ann.

It's my mum's birthday this week so she wanted to celebrate with a family day out to Pyke's Creek today

  
We've driven by many times but never stopped until today. We enjoyed walking around the creek and were in awe of the stunning view.



My dad decided to play daredevil and he climbed up a hill of rocks. I took some photos with my sister too but she'd kill me if I put them online, they're for my personal photo album!


It's been a week of celebrating my mum! Don't worry, the fun will continue. Soon it's my birthday!

Hope your week in isolation has been okay? What changes have been occurring where you live?


Comments

  1. I love those candid photos taken by your sister. The light is fantastic and the poncho you're wearing is gorgeous. As is the photo of you and your lovely Mum. I'm loving the sound of your Mother's Day celebrations and all the food looks utterly delicious. I bet your Mum was pleased with her sewing machine! Well, I do know she was as she posted it on Instagram :-) I wish I could have joined you on your trip to Pyke's Creek. What an amazing place! The outfit you wore with its Autumnal shades is gorgeous, I would love to have a closer look! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Jess xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann. I've been living in this poncho because it's been freezing.

      Mum was so pleased with the sewing machine! Can't wait too see what she makes.

      Thanks Ann, the outfit is all browns and tan (the skirt) and with bits of green in the belt, scarf and sunnies. And the orange beret of course! I'll see if I have another photo to zoom in on the details. X

      Delete
  2. I love those photos your sister took. I do enjoy seeing my blogging friends at different angles, we all have our favourite poses, don't we?
    Lovely photos of you, your mum & your dad. Your sister sound like my brother, he refuses to ahve his photo taken.
    Your Mum's Mother's Day must have been well and truly made with that sewing machine, I can't wait to see what she creates. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix. I'll have to encourage my sister to take some more shots. I probably always do the same poses, but how many poses are there, really? Haha!

      I'm keen to see what she makes on the sewing machine too. Fingers crossed mum lets me wear some of her creations. X

      Delete
    2. Happy Birthday, Mum! Love your poncho, Jess, and wow, aren't you an amazing cook! That looks so yummy. I am in love with that sweater dress outfit - the scarf is just the perfect chicness with the beret!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Shiela. The dips and bread were delicious and fun to make.

      I'm actually wearing a brown turtleneck and tan cord skirt, but it probably looks like one sweater dress with all the brown, doesn't it? X

      Delete
  3. Love those candid shots of you, and definitely love the poncho you're wearing.

    Your mom is pretty lucky, what a great mother's day! The embroidered pillowcases are a nice gift. I've semi-recently gotten more into cross stitch and embroidery myself- it's hard not to just sew a little something on everything, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! Sorry I'm so late in replying to your comment. For some reason, I didn't see it!

      You embroider too? That's cool, I'll have to check out your blog. I know, it's hard not to sew a little on everything. I've embroidered on 5 pieces so far. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand