All Things Must Pass

Hello! What a week it's been! George Harrison said it best, all things must pass. Although I've gotten into the routine of working from home, yesterday was my last day of doing so. I'll have to return back to school on Monday. Of course I'm a bit nervous about it although I'm trying not to be as I know the school is taking so many safety precautions. Plus I know my grade 1 students are eager to get back to school. They have expressed that this stay-at-home period has left them feeling worried, angry, scared - gosh children are really perceptive about what is going on around them. The principal asked the teachers and children to take a photo of their learning space to document this unique time in history. Here I am working on my trusty school laptop...


In preparation to returning back to work, we teachers have been offered a voluntary coronavirus test, which I did on Wednesday. For two days I was absolutely dreading it as I'd seen pictures of the method of testing online and was horrified that a massive looking cotton tip would have to go up my nose, looking like it'd reach my brain! Anyway, the test was fine, I think the cotton tip down your throat was worse, but there are people sick and dying, I shouldn't complain.



After the test, I went home, continued working and then celebrated my mum's birthday with cake and some good ol' dancing in the kitchen. I made the lemon cheesecake and chocolate moulds and my mum and sister made the vanilla slice cake.

Earlier in the week, mum and I went to a garden nursery to pick out some plants for her birthday and went for a little walk. My mum may have turned 53, but she still wanted to have some childlike fun with bubbles. As people walked past, no one batted an eyelid, we mustn't be the weirdest people on the block!





I flicked through some photo albums. Look how stunning my mum was in her late 20s (and still is)!




I also found this photo of my nonna, she's on the right. My nonna used to sew a lot of clothes for herself and my mum when she was growing up. Mum says that her and her siblings were always fashionable and friends were often asking to buy some clothes, especially when my nonna made jeans and corduroy pants at her work. My nonna's the original fashionista, that's for sure!




This is what I've been living in during this stay-at-home period. Keeping warm has been my main goal as I've rotated wearing turtlenecks, my velvet pants and my padded Turkish boots. This fringe vest is perfect to dance around in! Plus it's vintage and patchwork - what a dream vest!

 

The garden's looking good. My fava beans are growing!



For lunch, my sister, mum and I have been taking turns cooking. We usually make some variation of vegetables with bread. I'm grateful for being able to hang out with my family at lunchtime, whilst watching TV or sitting outside in the sunshine. Sometime during the week my sister made this quinoa vegetable salad...


...and I made my favourite fried peppers with handmade Lebanese bread. The bread is yellow because I added turmeric to the dough. I've definitely jumped onto the make-your-own-bread bandwagon that re-surged due to the pandemic.


I hope your week's been okay. 
X

Title: All Things Must Pass by George Harrison.

Comments

  1. I love your pants - are they comfy to wear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're stretchy like tracksuit pants.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting. X

      Delete
  2. I'd be dreading that Corona test too, especially as I have very weak sinuses, and that cotton swab would be almost certain to trigger a nosebleed. Glad it turned out fine. I hope transitioning back to working in school goes as smoothly as possible. Your Mum's birthday celebrations sound fun and all those cakes and treats look utterly delicious.As do the dishes you and your sister cooked! Loving your stay-at-home outfit, it does look fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I get blood noses very easily too.

      Thank you Ann, I'm sure it will be fine. I'm keen to see all of my work friends too.

      Oh, the cakes were delicious, we're still eating them! We shouldn't have made so much. Haha. X

      Delete
  3. I loved the amazing food you made for your mum's birthday and the lovely photos of you blowing bubbles and having fun. The old pictures are such fun, thanks for sharing them.
    I hope work goes well for you tomorrow, I'm sure it will. Your governemnt seems to have handled the pandemic a lot better than our lot! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix, I loved making all that food. It's my birthday soon and I'm sure I'll have more food pictures to share soon.

      The first day back at work was good, I liked catching up with my work friends. Tomorrow, the children come back to school! X

      Delete
  4. Your mum and I are the same age - I'll be 53 in October! There is no age when it comes to being silly, having fun and being fashionable! You definitely get your good looks from your mum, Jess! I love your fringed vest and those boots are incredible.

    I hope your week back at school hasn't been too stressful for you! Take care, my dear!

    PS - I've updated my "Favourite Fashion Blogs" tab on my blog, and have added you. Expect a bit more traffic. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds