Hey Jude, don't make it bad

Thanks so much for sticking around for my last few blogs about the fires in New South Wales. It wasn't the happiest of experiences but now I'm going to move onto better and sunnier days. 


After all, what are holidays for?
For me, they're a time to catch up with friends, family, have days out at the beach and squeeze in all things I want to do but don't necessarily have time for when working.


So towards the end of my January holidays, I did just that!
Williamstown Beach became our go-to spot on warm days. My mum and I strolled by the beach, found a lovely restaurant and had pasta with vegetables for lunch. Every time we've eaten there, the food never disappoints.



 I think I'd fancy living near the beach but I also love the country. I still have a fair bit to save before I'll feel comfortable moving out and to be honest I think I'll stay in the suburbs because I want to live near my family. I have family that live near (5 mins away) and some that are far. In my experience, I've found having family nearby is better.


The swans came out to say hello again. Maybe they fancied a peak at our outfits!


I wore:
Dress, clogs, vintage bag and vintage snakeskin belt - secondhand finds. The shoes were unworn. Fancy buying expensive clogs made in Sweden and then never wearing them!
Pendant - Christmas present.


My mum wore:
Dress, bangle, sandals - secondhand finds (we are great secondhand shopping buddies).
Earrings - I think these were bought in a retail shop. My mum collects earrings and they're all big and dazzling!


Later in the week, we went to visit my beautiful nonna who you met in my last post.


Have a look at her garden. Each time I visit her, I marvel at all the vegetables she grows. She's got lettuce, tomatoes, basil, zucchini, kale, capsicums and much more.




A couple of days later, we looked after my twin cousins for the day and took them for a day out to Geelong. They are obsessed with trains so we took a long train journey there, had lunch and then went on a children's train around the seashore. The day was overcast but it was quite relaxing and I enjoyed the views.


 Seafood platter to share.











A few days later, I caught up with my old high school friends Clare, Briana and Katrina. We had lunch at a place called Hey Jude, which Clare had discovered, and as a Beatles fan, of course I was curious about it. I'm definitely going to call my child Jude if I ever have a son! Turns out it wasn't a Beatles related place but the food was nice. 



Outfit:
All secondhand market finds (no surprise there!)
Necklace: This is my Anita Pallenberg necklace. I made it myself because I couldn't find one similar to the one she wore in the below photo.


The roses have come out to play!

We caught up on all the things happening in our lives - our joys and worries and then set the world to rights. I love catching up with them. How does that saying go? It's not about how many new friends you can make, it's about how many old friends you can keep!

See you next week. 


Comments

  1. You certainly did make the most of your holidays, Jess! Although I love the seaside, I'm not sure if I could actually live there, but that's probably because the Belgian coast is so crowded in high season, and I definitely like it quiet. I'm loving all your gorgeous dresses! The wicker bag you're wearing with your first outfit does look a bit like the one I picked up at the flea market last week. Well done on making that Anita Pallenberg necklace! Oh, and I'm absolutely in love with your nonna's vegetable garden. What a clever (and lovely) lady she is! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I love making the most of my holidays. I squeeze everything in!

      Thanks Ann. Ooo I'd love to see your wicker bag. Have you posted a picture of it on your blog?

      My nonna's vegetable garden is fantastic. I love wandering around in her garden and eating the food she makes with the vegetables she harvests.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your trip to the seaside. I love that photo of your and the twins and of course, both you and your Mum's fabulously stylish outfits. Your grandma's garden is fantastic, I wish i was that green-fingered!
    Gingham just shouts summer to me, it always looks so fresh and crisp and, like you, I always wear mine with clogs and straw bags! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix. My cousins are cute and I always marvel at my nonna's garden.
      Gingham, clogs and straw bags seems like the perfect combination to me! X

      Delete
  3. Your gingham dresses are stellar, but my heart belongs to that fabulous white and green printed maxi! Swoon! Great bag, and excellent snagging those unworn clogs! I'm constantly amazed at what people donate!

    Looks like you had a wonderful holiday, seeing family and hanging out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela. The green dress is pretty special, isn't it?

      I'm amazed at what people donate too! That's certainly why I call op-shopping/secondhand shopping 'treasure hunting'. You just never know what you'll find. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds