Come to the sunshine, beaches and sand

What do you do on a perfect summer's day?


If you're us, you go to the beach! My mum and I took my nonna out to our new favourite place, Williamstown beach. We went on a boat ride into Southbank for lunch. My nonna grew up in Italy by the beach so just like us, she enjoys being by the water.





When we arrived at Southbank, we walked along the river to find a place to eat. We decided on a restaurant that had pasta with mussels. We all ended up choosing the same dish - what triplets we are! We also ordered a delicious cheese board. Cheese and pasta - we are Italian after all! Everything tasted so delicious. I forgot to take photos of the food because we were too busy eating and chatting away.

After lunch, we walked through Crown and showed my nonna the lovely place we had recently visited for a 1st birthday party. The grand staircase had been fantastically decorated for Chinese New Year.



We took some photos by the river before the boat back to Williamstown arrived. I made a wish when we passed under the Westgate bridge, of course. As the water level was so high, we had to duck our heads when passing under three bridges, which was funny and thrilling.




We had such a lovely day together. I adore my nonna. In fact, it's her birthday today - she's 79 and fabulous!


(The perfect summer song in honour of Australia.)

Comments

  1. Happy birthday to your nonna! It looks like you three ladies had the most wonderful day! How funny that you all chose the same dish, but then again, I would probably have been tempted by pasta with mussels too. Those Chinese New Year decorations are fantastic, and so is your dress. In fact, I think that all three of you were fabulously dressed! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ann. We had a lovely day. X

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday, Nonna! I love seeing the three generations hanging out and having a special day. You all look so lovely. Mmm, I love mussels, that pasta sounds amazing! Those Chinese New Year decorations are spectacular, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela. I love spending time with them.
      Pasta with mussels is delicious, actually I feel like some now (it's lunchtime!).
      The Chinese New Year decorations are so special. X

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday to your nonna! I see she's as colourful and stylish as you and your mum, fabulous dressing runs in the family! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix! My nonna is so gorgeous and has a thing for clothes too. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds