Someday I'll wish upon a star and wake up where the clouds are far behind me

Hello again.
In this post, I'm wearing what could possibly be my favourite dress. I like the bright purple colour, the floral pattern, the midi length and the puffy sleeves. 


I wear it all the time to work and even for school photo day. While everyone else seems to be enjoy wearing black, white and neutral colours, I'm known as the "colourful" teacher!


I don't usually like pale coloured bags but when I rearranged by bag shelf the other day, I realised that I have three white or cream handbags. 


This vintage "tube" bag was a recent buy from one of my favourite market sellers. My mum and I often see this lady and her sister selling their vintage goods at the market, side by side. They're always lovely and up for a chat. My sister thinks that the yellow tubes look like pasta, so now I have a chuckle every time I look at this bag.


Whilst I paired this dress with the boots for a mornig market visit, later in the afternoon, I changed the belt, boots and bag and wore this dress to a wedding. That's what I call day to night dressing! I had a lovely time dancing. I figure weddings are more fun if you get up and dance.


The next day was a holiday for Melbourne Cup Day and I took a much needed break as I had been so busy writing reports.  My mum, sister and I went to see the film Judy. I didn't know much about Judy Garland's life other than her being immortalised in The Wizard of Oz and it was a truly sad film. 


Judy was depicted as a lonely, tortured soul. I swiftly burst into tears at the end of the film when she sang 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow'. I had never thought of this song as being sorrowful but within the context of the movie, it was heartbreaking.



My sister and I really want to see Joker as well, so I suspect that will be the next film we go to the cinema to see. 


Have you seen any good films lately?
X


Comments

  1. That dress is fabulous and deserves to be worn over and over again! Love it with both the boots and the strappy sandals and that tube bag is very sweet.
    I'm probably the only person who's never seen The Wizard of Oz. Your blog title led me to play The Cover Girls "Wishing On A Star" on repeat - a favourite clubbing anthem from the early 1990s! Happy days. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This purple is a keeper, a forever piece, certainly!
      You've never watched The Wizard of Oz? I just re-watched it the other day. I remember watching it as a child at one of my mum's friend's house, and I was terrified.
      Haha, I'm glad my blog title led you to a "happy days" song! X

      Delete
  2. That dress is a dream and I'm loving that wonderful "pasta" tube bag. I love it that you're known as the "colourful" teacher. I've never understood why people do not wear more colour generally. I was just reading Vix's comment, and she is not the only person who's never seen The Wizard of Oz. I haven't either. Nevertheless, I've always found Somewhere over the Rainbow a very poignant song. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the "pasta" bag and eating pasta too, I might add. I am half Italian after all!
      You've never watched The Wizard of Oz either? Oh well, you can always save it for a rainy day. X

      Delete
  3. I just saw (several years late) "Ex Machina" which I quite enjoyed. I will see "Judy" when it comes to the movie channels, but I've heard Renee is excellent. I love your purple dress, and especially love that you styled it two ways - both are magnificent. I think there are a lot worse things than to be the "colourful teacher"! Just think, you are imprinting upon these kids how important it is to dress your best and wear colour, and express yourself! That's a lasting impact!

    Wishing you a great week ahead, Jess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee is excellent, Shiela. I'm sure you'd enjoy her performance.
      I'm glad I'm a colourful teacher, haha.
      The teachers I remember from school were always one who had a quirky, fascinating style. So you never know, maybe my students will look back in 20 years time and remember me in the same way. I sure hope so! X

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome dress <3 It must be a nice show :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds