There's a world out there for you, you're goin' to understand

On the weekend my mum, dad and I went to Lorne for a family friend's 50th birthday. We were last in Lorne in April, it's such a beautiful, picturesque place. My sister couldn't make it because she was performing in a theatre show. I think she's a bit of a superstar, but more on that later.


The two hour drive to Lorne was wonderfully scenic - there's hills, magnificent fields of yellow flowers and then to top it off, ocean views. The roads got windy and my dad, who thinks he's a race car driver, had my mum and I squealing, feeling car sick and getting a headache all at once! 


Finally we arrived and everyone had lunch at the Lorne Hotel, spent some time in the sunshine and chatted away to family and friends. 


Before we left, my mum and I took some photos at the beach. If you haven't noticed by my beach posts here, here and here, I'm enamoured by the beach and love just sitting and watching the waves crash whenever I can. I find it soothing and peaceful.


The drive home was long but I got to see the sun setting behind the hills and then the full harvest moon came out and amazed me as it was huge. Overall, the day was a sight for the eyes. There was something beautiful to see everywhere I looked.


I wore a so-bright-you-can't-miss-me pink dress that my dad joked was blinding (he's forever trying to be funny)! Since seeing Fleetwood Mac last week, I've been pulling out and wearing anything that is satin or has voluminous sleeves which immediately reminds me of Stevie Nicks.


My mum wore a BIBA dress that she recently op-shopped. Now, I've got to tell you the story behind this dress. I finished work one day and saw a text message from her saying 'Call me - urgent!' so I panicked because I thought something was terribly wrong. Then I listened to her voice message where she declared "I've found a BIBA dress! But I'm not sure if it's real vintage, call me back". When I got home, I saw that my mum had bought the dress and had to tell her that is was a modern dress, I could immediately tell by the label. She was so, so disappointed. She thought she'd scored a treasure because BIBA pieces are highly collectible. Then she decided to style it with some orange boots and golden accessories and ta-dah, she realised that is as fabulous after all. Doesn't she look wonderful?!




On Sunday, my mum and I went to the market and I scored three albums. I literally gasped, hugged and then blew a kiss to this iconic Australian Stevie Wright album as I've been looking to buy it at a reasonable price for YEARS! The last time I saw this album was in Daylesford for $110 (!!!) and it's just as expensive on eBay. I was actually looking for some Fleetwood Mac albums at my favourite record sellers stall, sifting through the LPs that have skyrocketed in price since they were in Australia last week. I think I'll have to just wait awhile for the prices to decrease.



When we returned home from the market, my family and I headed off to the cemetery with my Dedo to have a small gathering for the anniversary of my Baba's birthday. It's a Macedonian tradition where people remember their loved ones who have passed by lighting a candle and eating some food (called "zadusha").


In the afternoon, we watched 'I am not a cake', a theatre show that my sister performed in. It was fantastic - hilariously funny and sad and heartbreaking all at the same time. At some points I found myself laughing uncontrollably and then suddenly it would get all serious and I couldn't stop giggling even though it was wildly inappropriate to be laughing at that particular moment. My sister did a wonderful job - I'm so proud of her.


See you in a new blog post next week. 
I'll be on work holidays (due to school holidays) and will be having some much needed rest. See you then. 
X



Comments

  1. Don't you both look lovely in your Indian dresses? The beach is the perfect backdrop for all that wonderful colour. For some reason IG isn't allowing me to like or comment on any posts - I wanted to tell you both how fab you looked when I saw the photo a few days ago...arghhh!
    Well done to your superstar sister!
    A lot of people email me with photos of the Biba dresses they've found in charity shops. I feel terrible having to tell them at Biba never produced ethnic clothing and the item they've bought is from an Indian fashion brand - Biba is Punjabi for "young woman". Many these dresses are listed on Ebay as "original Biba" and I'm forever emailing the sellers putting them right! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix. I've heard of IG doing that to a few accounts- very strange.
      My sister is a superstar, she performed amazingly.
      I should familiarise myself with BIBA vintage dresses and what sort of pieces they used to create. X

      Delete
  2. Don't you look amazing in that bright pink dress! And what wonderful scenery too. I'm loving your Mum's dress too, even if it wasn't a real original Biba ;-) I love being by the seaside too. It's so utterly relaxing watching the waves and hear them crashing on the shore. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Ann. Beaches are wonderful. X

      Delete
  3. Both dresses are amazing - that pink is so vibrant! Your mum's dress is lovely, even if it isn't authentic Biba. Some of my favourite things in my wardrobe are fakes!

    What a deal on your rare album! My husband L is always hunting for ultra rare albums (he collects CDs, though), and it's such a rush to find one at a good price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela. The pink is so vibrant, isn't it?
      Authentic or not, I think my mum's dress is still lovely.
      What sort of music does L collect? X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand