Some might say that we should never ponder

What a busy weekend it's been! 
On Saturday night, my family and I went to a christening, which had some wild performances from Romanian belly dancers - it was like something straight out of the movies!


It was a late night, but my mum and I managed to pull ourselves out of bed five hours later to go to the Sunday market. It was last of the year and I found a few things:



These brand new sunglasses were $1 and the CD has Queen's greatest hits over 3 discs! A small haul, but that's how it goes when you're vintage or second hand shopping - you never know what you'll find.

Later in the day, my family and I spent the day in a country town called Daylesford, with my Dedo. We've been many times before (here, here and here) over the years but this was the first time with my grandpa. The first thing we did was stop off at the local honey stall. Once you taste this honey, it's hard to go back to supermarket honey.


We had lunch at a bakery, then had a quick look around the vintage Mills Market. 


My mum collects these brass dears, but didn't take home these two.

I have a green Mexican dress similar to this one pictured above.
This picture didn't really capture how gorgeous this dress is.


I found myself a Keith Richards LP for Christmas. My mum wrapped it up before I got a chance to take a photo of it, but it looks like this:

Later we had a stroll around the Hepburn Springs, where we drank some of the mineral water. 



My mum and I were sprinkling a bit on our faces because it's apparently very good for our skin, when my dad decided to splash us all with the water! Just as well, as it brought a big smile to my Dedo's face and cooled us down for the walk up the huge hill. My Dedo may be 90 years old, but he's faster than all of us! 


We got in the car and drove home just in time, because then it started to pour! As soon as we got home, some family friends called and came over for a visit, so I baked a quick banana cake. No rest for the wicked! It was nice to catch up with them, I love a good ol' catch up!


I didn't get a moment to ponder this weekend, as the title mentions, but sometimes it's better to keep yourself busy.

Outfit worn to work last week:
Snakeskin shirt, denim skirt and belt - market finds.


See you next week. X





Comments

  1. Lovely family photo! How pretty Hepburn Springs is too, love that little green shack!
    I'm looking at that divine crochet maxi and thinking I need to dig my gold one out, I saw one on eBay listed for £450 the other day and I'm scared to wear it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix! From memory the crotchet dress pictured was $75! They're quite expensive, aren't they? X

      Delete
  2. That sounds like a hectic weekend! I love the crocheted dress - what a beauty - and those sunglasses are so fun! My hubby and I own all of the Queen albums (not the greatest hits) - they are awesome! No bad ones in the lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crotchet dress is pretty, isn't it?
      I happily wore the sunglasses straight away and I'm sure I'll be listening to the Queen albums in the car in no time. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand