Day Tripper


It was my birthday on Sunday and I had a lovely weekend celebrating it. On Saturday, my family and I went to a beautiful country town called Daylesford. I've been there countless times, it's my happy place.


Whenever we visit Daylesford, we always stop off first to get a big tub of honey.  I use it in a hot drink everyday, so I go through it really quickly. I love the honey from Daylesford, there's so many varieties and they let you taste test it too!



I love going to the Daylesford Mills Market as well. There's heaps of stalls, with lots of used and vintage items. I found two records and a fab purple velvet jacket. I can't wait to wear it! My family kindly bought my finds for me as a birthday treat.


As much as I love the market in Daylesford, I also love being surrounded by the nature there. It makes me feel genuinely peaceful.



We had a stroll around the Daylesford lake and collected some mineral water from the springs.



Later we stopped off at Lake Jubilee, it's so beautiful there. 



My sister and I walked around and admired the peacocks. 
They're so big and colourful, they're feathers have so many different patterns. At one point, a peacock leaped in our direction and I squealed, much to the amusement of my sister! They're beautiful and all, but I don't want to be so close to such a large bird!

 

I had a wonderful day of vintage treasure hunting and strolling around lakes, that's my ideal way to celebrate my birthday. I'm so rock 'n' roll, aren't I?!

Tomorrow, I'll write more about what I got up to on Sunday.
See you then.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand