Sweet Summer Sun



On Sunday, my mum and I didn't visit the market, can you believe it?!
We love to go but didn't this weekend.
Oh well, it's not all bad, I got to sleep in.




We had some family coming over for lunch, so we spent the day with them, chatting and eating away.




I even got to sneak in a bit of reading time in the sun, before they arrived.
 I haven't been feeling well, so I really appreciated some time to sit and relax in the sun.




My uncle's girlfriend made a lovely red velvet cake (below), a bit of a belated celebratory cake for my mum's and my recent birthday.





Can you believe I only paid $5 for these boots at a market last year? 
The lady who was selling them said she'd never worn them before 
because the laces took too long to do up.

Good things take time, I thought, and happily handed over my $5.



This dress was another market find and cost even less ($3!) because there was a small rip in the back of it. I quickly sewed it up in the morning and it was ready to wear!
It pays to know how to mend things on a sewing machine.



And I had to show off the puffy sleeves. 
You might have noticed my love of puffy sleeves in this post.




How has your week been?






Comments

  1. That cake looks so pretty and professional.
    Talking of pretty, your dress is lovely. Is it vintage and what's the fabric? I can't tell in the photos. You're quite right, you can pick up some real bargains when you can sew - especially things with broken zips, people often give them away. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vix. It's not vintage, but I like it because it's a vintage style. It looks like it's from the early 70s. I'm not sure about the fabric because it doesn't say on the tag. It might be a cotton/polyester blend. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand