Cut the Cake




It was my Mum's birthday on Sunday. I love when there's a birthday, it's a good excuse to do something nice as a family.





My mum and I were eager to go to the market. I wore my new-to-me patchwork skirt that I bought there a few weeks ago. I was umm-ing and ahh-ing when I first spotted it, but decided to buy it because I love anything that's patchwork and it's such an early 1970s, folk style.





I bought some pot plants as a small gift for my mum's birthday and made her a long crotchet scarf that she asked me to make.




I had also made her another scarf for Mother's Day a little while ago. She's loving long, skinny scarves at the moment. For Mother's Day, I also bought her a snakeskin bag and I'm not sure how I can top a present like that, but she wants to go shopping some to find a belated present.





After the market, we went home to eat some homemade trifle.
We don't usually eat cake for breakfast, it's just a birthday treat!




My family and I went to Poynton's for lunch. It's so nice there.
 Poynton's is a local garden nursery and it has a cafe within it.





How do you like to spend your birthday?




Title: Cut the Cake (birthday song from the 2000 film Almost Famous)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds