I got sidetracked in El Paso

After giving the market a miss last week, my mum and I decided to go on Sunday. 
It was pretty cold, so we rugged up.


Here's what I wore:




Fluffy jacket- opshopped a few years ago.
Skirt and vintage snakeskin bag- market finds.
Boots, hat and scarf- retail, years ago.




It was probably the last time I'll wear my trusty brown boots because the material on the right boot is starting to flake off. I'm glad I captured some images of them here. I really like brown boots and these are perfect for me because they're knee-high and have a comfortable block-heel, which brings to mind a 1960s inspired look. Luckily, I have a few other brown boots- one is a flat, lace-up pair and the other is a high, block heeled pair. I don't wear the high pair often as they can be uncomfortable.



I wonder if I'll find another perfect pair of brown boots. Retail shops only seem to sell uninteresting black boots so I'll have to wait for a pair to show up at a market or opshop.


Anyway, here are my finds, they were all absolute bargains:

Purple vintage dress.
Patterned pants.
Brand new ZARA boots.
A necklace, that I took apart and made into a different necklace.
I'm loving all things purple at the moment!



After the market we went home and I made myself a delicious bruschetta breakfast with fresh basil picked from the backyard.




Then my dad helped me replace my brake/park light on my car. I'm glad that he's a mechanic and all because he can help me, but he was keen to show me so I can independently do it myself too. As he was explaining, I told him that he's such an expert and he shrugged it off as being a simple, easy job. Meanwhile we practically had to pull apart the whole boot to replace the light! It wasn't so simple afterall, but still good to know.


Source



In the afternoon, I continued writing reports and then watched the cult classic No Country for Old Men, after much encouragement from my dad. I liked that it was set in the South and it was such a shocking thriller, about a man on the run after he'd accidentally stumbled upon (and kept!) a large amount of money. At one point, the man's in El Paso and I immediately got Johnny Cash's song Wanted Man stuck in my head. It would have been a perfect song for that film!


Fargo: Source


I was surprised to learn that the film was written by the Coen brothers, who also created the Fargo series, which my dad, sister and I really enjoyed too.


Fargo: Source


Have your watched Fargo or No Country for Old Men?







Comments

  1. I keep meaning to watch that film. I must, I must!
    Loving the Zara boots and the vibrant purple of your dress. Your patchwork skirt looks wonderful with your fluffy jacket. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix! It's worth seeing when you get a chance. Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand