Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind

 Once in a while, my mum and I visit a gorgeous and magical place called the Werribee Rose Garden. It's filled with a variety of roses in every colour and scent imaginable.

It's the perfect place to wander around, snap photos, stop and actually smell the roses or have a picnic.  In fact, we have done all of these things in the past, which you may remember reading about here or here


In the former post I have fond memories of a picnic on Australia day back in 2020 with my family friends. I remember my aunty Carmel who's in red in the above photos, who has now passed, admiring and smelling almost every rose, saying "Here Jessica, smell this rose....mmm this rose smells nice... did you smell this rose?" only to conclude that "Jessica, these roses are all beautiful but your mum really has the best rose garden, doesn't she?", which made me laugh. She is really missed by her friends and family.


In 2021, I wore this cute fringy skirt to visit the rose gardens. I quite miss that brown skirt, but sold it a while ago after it no longer fit me.


It was nice to revisit this rose garden on a sunny day and make some new memories. I wore my vintage, mustard trench coat over my new favourite type of dress for winter - a turtleneck sweater dress. They're warm and comfortable and go well with all my long coats. I also wore my suede boots and vintage tooled bag.




My mum and I admired all of the roses. She pondered upon which type of roses to plant in her garden next. 


I loved all the pink and red roses, and would love to plant this rose in a garden of my own one day. I love how there are so many roses on one stalk.







What are your favourite type of flowers?
X

Title: Memories by Elvis Presley.

Comments

  1. Lovely photos, Jess! I'm loving your mustard leather coat! I'm not sure what my favourite flower is, probably geraniums planted in old olive oil cans and in a multitude of colours! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a magnificent garden. The scent must have been truly magical! I love it that your Mum is wearing a matching dress :-) and I'm totally in love with your mustard leather coat! My favourite flowers are Aquilegias but I might reply differently if you asked me again next month :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

Promised you a miracle

Roll up to the mystery tour...