A Day in the Life

A day in the life of a school teacher on holidays... 

1. Sleep in

I was sick during part of my holidays and I don't think I slept in more than twice but on this particular day I did. Yay!


2. Plant seeds

I've planted leek, basil and tomato seeds as well as the ones pictured below. I've been watering them, which is something I've neglected to do in the past, but not this time! I can't wait for the sunflowers and vegetables to grow!

3. Pick some broad beans from the garden.

I like picking them when they're small as they're sweeter.

4. Make a simple breakfast and admire my mum's roses.

Greek yoghurt, salted peanuts, strawberries and maple syrup - delicious!

5. Picnic

On this particular day, I intended to stay home all day, but my mum wanted to visit Footscray Park to see the purple wisteria that blossoms there each year. So we packed some food and off we went! When we arrived, we were shocked to see the wisterias blocked off by fencing with the surrounding areas demolised. It looks like the park is getting an upgrade!

Regardless we decided to enjoy the sunshine. Brie, crackers, grapes, smoked salmon, ham, carrots, celery, olives, sauerkraut and blueberries - a bit of everything!



Outfit details: 

Vintage dress and bag: Secondhand market finds.

Leather sandals: Diana Ferrari.

I really love cute, comfortable, leather flat shoes. I find that colours like tan, gold, silver and brown go with many of my outfits. Plus, I love the comfort of being able to wear them all day at work.


Back at home, I spent the afternoon  watching an episode of the Housewives of New York as well as My Kitchen Rules. I also did some report work on my laptop so I could lessen my workload for term 4!


I hope you've enjoyed coming along for a day in my life. 
What did your day look like today?
X

Title: A Day in the Life by the Beatles.

Comments

  1. Ill during the holidays, isn't that typical for all teachers? Such a pain!
    You and your mum look very pretty in your springtime attire, how funny that we're on different sides of the globe but both have nasturtiums growing in abundance? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like the perfect way to spend a day, but what a shame you were sick during your holidays.
    Loving both you and your Mum's gorgeous dresses! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely little escape for you and your adorable mum, Jess! I also love metallic leather sandals - they go with everything! I see you have some real Canadian maple syrup - there's nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds