I go leaps and bounds



A few weeks ago, my mum, dad and I spent the day in Geelong, catching up with some family and friends. Julie, Andy and their children were down from Queensland for the weekend to watch their son Joel play football, so it was a perfect chance to catch up. It was nice watching the game, chatting and laughing non-stop. This bunch are always cracking jokes and I delighted in our giggles.





Being outside all day, I rugged up in my new fluffy coat, my Christmas present from mum this year. I squeezed in a sneaky wear of it before I wrapped it up in Christmas paper.  My mum has a maroon Afghan coat and a tan one, which I sometimes borrow. You may recall them from my blog posts here and here. Now I have one of my own, thank you mum! I practically pounced on it, when I saw it on sale. I've been secondhand shopping for so long, I forgot that retail stores have end of season sales!



The coat kept me toasty all day, even into the night as we headed to a pub hotel for a final gathering and chat.


In other news, look at this adorable, little strawberry vase my sister made me in her pottery class. It is so cute, I absolutely adore it. I think I'll join her in her pottery class next time and add to my little pottery collection!


And here it is with some flowers from the garden. Stunning!


I'll leave you with one last cute image. A ladybug in the garden. I hope it brings you good luck! 
X

TitleLeaps and Bounds by Paul Kelly.





Comments

  1. Wow, that maroon Afghan coat is a stunner!
    Sounds like you had a marvellous day catching up with family and friends, and how cute is that strawberry vase your sister made! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a double-take when you said this coat was new-to-you (or will be, as of Christmas!), as I remember your other two Afghan coats, Jess. Looks like a great time was had by all at the football game! That strawberry vase is very clever - you should totally take the pottery class, it's really fun to muck about with clay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, those 2 coats are my mum's. I just borrowed them. Now I have one of my own -yay. Yes I'll make a whole strawberry set in a pottery class, I think. X

      Delete
  3. How fantastic is that strawberry vase? Your sister is seriously talented! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand