A photo a day: Week 2 of holidays in lockdown

 

Continuing on from last week's blog post, here is a photo a day of what I got up to on my work holidays in lockdown. Of course, we're restricted in what we can do here in Melbourne, but I still enjoyed myself within the limitations.

 

Day 1:  Saturday

 

AFL Grand final day! The Western Bulldogs were playing so well up until the third quarter, then lost by heaps to the Melbourne football team. I wanted Pat to experience the sheer excitement of winning a grand final with us, as we did in 2016, but it was not to be.


Day 2: Sunday

After a quick breakfast of avocado and goats cheese on toast, Pat and I went to get our second Pfizer jab. We are now fully vaccinated! While I had no symptoms the first time around, with this vaccination, I experienced a few headaches throughout the week and a back ache but I'm fine now.

It was a beautiful sunny day so later on, we went for a walk and then hung out in the backyard lounging around on the hammock. Bliss.

 

Day 3: Monday

I stayed home on Monday, tired and feeling the side affects of the vaccine - headaches and a sore arm. I did some vacuuming, got clothes on and off the line, washed and dried the dishes and that's about all I had energy for. So I spent the rest of the day watching TV and continued embroidering my Wizard of Oz pillow. Here is a little sneak peak of it. I can't wait to share the whole pillow once I finish it. It's amazing, I've put so much work into it.

 

Day 4: Tuesday

 



 Mum and I went for a walk around a river and spent half the time dodging/social distancing the many people there and at the nearby playground. We couldn't get over how many people were gathered there especially as Covid cases are rising and rising here in Melbourne.

 

 

I wore a beautiful pink gingham dress, a hand-me-down from mum. I paired it with my red shoes that were made in Spain (!!!) They were $7 from an op-shop and looked brand new. Score!


 

It was quite sunny and hot at 22°C. Luckily I remembered to put on my sunscreen on. Mum wore her denim pinafore that she had finished altering a few days earlier. We found some purple flowers to take photos in front of and even got a cute photo of us together.

By the end of our time out, we both declared that we were exhausted and so used to staying home and resting after 6 lockdowns, that spending a few hours away from home was tiring! Before we returned to our home-sweet-home, we got some banh mi and sushi from our favourite local shops. We haven't been eating out during lockdowns, so it was a treat for us. 

 

Day 5, 6 and 7: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday

 

 I've been feeling so tired during these holidays, so I was happy to spend these three days at home reading, cooking, embroidering, tidying up my room and watching TV. Mum and I watched Funny Girl (1968). It's worth watching for the fabulous outfits alone! 

 

I hope you've had a lovely week whatever you've been up to. 

X


Comments

  1. I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying yourself in spite of being in lockdown. It also pleases we to hear you're now fully vaccinated and that you only suffered minor side effects. I was bone tired for a day or two after my second one, but knowing the reason why it wasn't so bad!
    Lovely to see Pat making it to the blog! Your gingham dress is gorgeous, and so is your Mum's denim pinafore! Sometimes, just hanging around at home is the best cure to recuperate from what I'm fully aware have been a stressful term for you! Take care, Jess xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Barbra's outfits in "Funny Girl"! You and your mum look like versions of Dorothy from "the Wizard of Oz" - you match the pillow! Well done on that - that's a huge amount of work, Jess!

    Glad to hear you've gotten your second jabs - I felt a little iffy after my second one too. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to "meet" Pat at long last and to see you and your Mum rocking your pretty outfits.
    I'm glad you've had your second jabs - we're having our third next month - when will it ever end?! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jess, I agree with Sheila - you and your mum are looking very Wizard of Oz, especially with your red shoes and your mum's lovely basket (I half expected to see Toto's head sicking out of the top!). Your pillow is incredible! Love it! Looks fab as it is but can't wait to see it finished too.

    Good news on the second vaccine. Hope you are feeling less tired now. Feet up and a good movie sounds perfect to me though. Very cute pictures of you and Pat. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand