A photo a day: Work holidays in lockdown


 

I am so glad to be on my work holidays. I'm okay with teaching from home during lockdown but just like any other school term, I am exhausted by the end of it. It usually takes me a few days to rest and feel somewhat normal again. These holidays, I decided to take a photo a day to document little moments of joy.

 

Day 1 & 2: Saturday and Sunday.


Over the weekend, I spent some time in the sunshine. Marvelling at the hammock my dad bought from Aldi, I declared that laying in it and looking at the sky was even better than meditation! I snapped some photos of ladybugs in the garden. As children, my sister and I believed that if a ladybug landed on you, it was good luck. I also spent a lot of time with my boyfriend. I treasure weekends with him.

 

Day 3: Monday


On Monday, I made ravioli. I made every part of it - the dough and the ricotta filling plus the mushroom, wine and creamy sauce. After spending what felt like hours rolling out the dough, making the ravioli, cooking it and then doing a big clean up, I conceded that it was too big of a job and that I wouldn't be doing it again anytime soon! My mum and sister appreciated this special lunch, though.


Day 4: Tuesday 

With Monday's leftover pasta dough, I made more pasta for lunch! This time I made fettuccine, cutting long thick strips and topping it with tuna and sauce. It was by far the most delicious pasta I've ever made!



Day 5: Wednesday

 

Source

Earth quake! We experience a magnitude 5.9 earthquake in the morning that shook the house. As we raced out the front door, I was terrified that mum wasn't unlocking the doors fast enough and that the house would fall down and crush us. My boyfriend was very kind to call and check on me and my family. My dad called us from work too and joked "did you feel the earth move?" like the song and asked us to check on my Dedo who's 5 minutes away as he wasn't answering his phone. We popped over quickly and saw that he was fine, happily tending to his front yard. I haven't seem his throughout lockdown, so he was very smiley and happy to see that we'd checked up on him.


Day 6: Thursday

Mum and I ventured out to a park that we don't usually go to for a walk. It was 21°C , sunny and walking up and around all the hills was fun but tiring. There were so many beautiful flowers that we practically stopped at all of them to take photos in front of all of them.

 

 
 

I ADORE gingham dresses and was very happy to add this brown one to my collection earlier in the year. It's funny how the light plays tricks on you, because in front of this tree with purple flowers, it looks like my dress is lilac! 

 


 

  

Mum's wearing another one of her dresses she made. She looks beautiful!

 


 

Outfit details:

Dress (new) and mock-croc boots (new): Bought at a market

Vintage bag and belt, and turquoise jewellery bought secondhand at a market.

I specifically picked out blue jewellery and this belt to match my bright blue eyeshadow.

 



 

Don't worry, we had masks on between taking photos and would only take them off briefly when there was absolutely no-one nearby. I'm about to get my second vaccine and definitely don't want to get Covid in the meantime!

 

Day 7:  Friday

 

Source 1 and Source 2
 

After doing some work on my laptop in the morning, I spent the day with my boyfriend. Luckily partners are allowed to visit during lockdowns. Victorians have a day off because of the AFL grand final. Tomorrow I'm going to dress up in a red, white and blue dress and cheer on my team, the Western Bulldogs. I'm not a huge football fan, but in 2016 when the Bulldogs won its first grand final since 1954, it was amongst the most happiest, exciting and memorable days!


Comments

  1. What a wonderful to take a photo a day during your holiday.
    Both pasta dishes had me salivating, and that new park you ventured to looks absolutely gorgeous. As does that brown gingham dress. I'm loving that photo of you and your Mum, and how cute are your Mum's pigtails. Please do tell her from me!
    We once had an earthquake here in Belgium. It was while we were in our beds at night and we were woken up by the shaking! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ann, that is a great idea to take a photo a day!

    Scary to get an earthquake (I live in an earthquake zone - I totally get how terrifying it is!), and I'm so glad you are all okay!

    Love the pics of you and your mum, Jess - you both look beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jess, glad you were all ok following the 5.9 earthquake. We tend to have little ones in the UK, though I do recall Monsieur rudely waking me up one night in 2008 when a 5.2 earthquake struck with the epicenter close by in Lincolnshire. He thought the house was falling down! I think I would have otherwise just slept through it.

    Your ravioli looks so delicious, much better than my canned specialty. Don't you and your mum look beautiful by the wisteria flowers in the park. Lulu xXx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand