I want to feel sunlight on my face


I returned to my favourite country town, Daylesford, a little while ago. My mum wanted to visit a quaint, little shop that sells the most gorgeous home-wares, many of which are made in Europe.  After countless years of admiring a particular set of drinking glasses made in France, my mum finally decided that this year was the year she'd get them. In the past, the high price had always put her off but I offered to buy them for her as a Christmas present and she happily agreed. Any excuse and I'm happy to visit Daylesford.


After purchasing the glasses, we bought some honey from our favourite seller, who collects honey from across Australia.



We wandered around Lake Jubilee, it's so beautiful and peaceful. I never, ever want to leave.


I loved watching the ducks. It's not often that a suburb gal like me
get to see ducks, so I always appreciate it.


  We even came across some peacocks. I may have been smiling in this photo, but really I was inwardly terrified that the peacock was going to attack me.


Look at its beautiful feathers. It was either showing off or trying to scare me away!


I spotted a Christmas tree when walking past an old church and had to take a photo. I just love Christmas and have so many lovely memories celebrating with friends and family.


Speaking of Christmas, check out my recent secondhand finds.
This gorgeous Zara snake-print dress and white dress (with massive ruffled sleeves!) were a bargain at $10 each and the cute Christmas decorations were a dollar. 


Trust me to spot a cowboy boot decoration from a mile away!

I hope you have been enjoying the Christmas season.
See you next time in a new blog post.

Comments

  1. What a dream of a dress you're wearing Jess! I'm also loving the Zara snake-print dress you found. I love peacocks! We once stayed at a B&B which had resident peacocks, who were always strutting around in the garden with their peahens and what we called pea-babies ;-) They're so cute! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peacocks are just adorable, aren't they? I've only ever seen pea-babies once or twice. They are sooo cute. X

      Delete
  2. I love the dress you're wearing, and I love the two you found! what great deals! Peacocks won't hurt you - that tail display is for the peahens. Helloooo, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiela. I've been LIVING in the snakeprint dress and can't wait to wear the white one in a couple of weeks when it starts to get hotter.

      Ahh, I'm glad the peacock wasn't after me. Although there weren't any peahens around, maybe it was posing for the camera! X

      Delete
  3. Both the ruffly hem dress and Zara snake print are fantastic (much better to buy Zara secondhand, their ethics are the pits!)
    Lovely to see Daylsford through your eyes. I adore peacocks, it's funny seeing them just wandering about in India like pigeons! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I didn't know that about Zara. That's a shame, because in the few times I've been in their store, I've noticed some lovely 70s style pieces.
      I love Daylesford. The peacocks were just gorgeous. I can't believe they're everywhere in India! X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand