Back to the gypsy that I was

Ahhhh, Daylesford, my favourite country town. I love taking a day trip out to Daylesford every time I'm on work holidays. I'd guess I go about 5 times a year. I had been feeling sick and stressed this particular week and a trip to Daylesford was just whaI needed, I suddenly felt like myself again.


Before making the 1.5 hour drive there, my mum and I spent the morning with my nonna, chatting away and taking her grocery shopping.


When we got to Daylesford, we went to the Vintage Mills Market and I searched in vain for a Fleetwood Mac record. Oh well, I'll find some one day. My mum did come away with a bright, patterned vintage dress that she was delighted with.

We sat in the Mills Market cafe to have lunch and ate a pesto, bocconcini, and roast vegetable foccacia - it was so yum. Also on the menu, I saw that the cafe was selling bacon, lettuce and tomato rolls, so as soon as we got home, I went to the shops, bought the ingredients and made them myself. It was so delicious that I made it again for my family and I for breakfast two days in a row. You know what they say, if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing! Ha!


After lunch we strolled by the lake where some families were camping over the school holidays. The cockatoos and peacocks were out and people were paddle boating across the lake. It's such a beautiful and peaceful place. I'm always sad to leave.


I wore my leopard turtleneck, brown cord skirt, brown boots and vintage tooled bag, all items that I have been living in lately. Everything was found at a secondhand market, except for the cord skirt which was op-shopped for $4. All up, this entire outfit cost $27. I love thrifty outfits, don't you?


My mum wore this dream of a dress- it's velvet and maroon, what's not to love? She's actually going to do a bit of a wardrobe cull soon which is good because I can have
some of the pieces she no longer wants to keep. 


Thanks for stopping by, see you in a new blog post next week.
X



Comments

  1. I'm not surprised you're wearing that outfit on repeat, it look so good. I'm loving your Mum's dress, I wish she'd throw it my way! Daylsford looks such a peaceful spot and the market a fab place to rummage.
    It's just gone 7am here and I could eat that focaccia right now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix!
      I'm hoping she throws it my way too but she's definitely keeping it.
      Daylesford's my "happy" place. The focaccia was delicious. X

      Delete
  2. Daylesford looks like a wonderful town, and I'm liking the sound of that vintage market. Your brown cord skirt and leopard turtleneck outfit is absolutely divine, and so is that maroon velvet dress your lovely Mum is wearing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Ann! We had a lovely day.
      I'm finally catching up on my blog reading. I'll be reading yours soon. X

      Delete
  3. It's so good to take a break when you're feeling stress, to get back to nature. I hope you're feeling better, Jess! You and your mum are so styling! I wish I lived closer so I could peek at Mum's giveaways!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

She's the lady who wears those flashing eyes

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand