It's only rock 'n' roll



It's been a busy first week back at work. Last weekend, my friend and I went to a youth event that my sister helped organise. There was an art show, badge-making workshops and lives performances. It was amazing to realise just how many great, local bands are out there - I had no idea!



This weekend, I had a fun night out for my best friend's birthday. But even dancing into the early hours of the morning didn't stop me from getting up at 5.45am and heading off to the Sunday market!

I'm glad I did, I found quite a few treasures:
$3 1970s beaded bag
$5 striped jacket
2 records
Set of vintage Meakin pale pink bowls



In my last post, I mentioned that I'd love to find some vintage jewellery and what d'ya know, I found 1960s clip on earrings from Georgia's (an old department store) for $3! I'm going to make them into a necklace and brooch. Ever since I made this necklace, I've loved re-purposing jewellery and making something I'll love to wear.


I was also very happy to find the maroon suit jacket. There's something about striped suits that I just love. Perhaps it's because they ooze sophistication with a bit of a rock 'n' roll edge.

Anita Pallenberg

George Harrison

Paul McCartney

Keith Richards


See what I mean?

I know, it's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it!


Outfit details:Vintage coat, boots and bag - market finds.
Modern hat- another market find.
Scarf and orange cord pants - Retail.


How was your weekend?




Comments

  1. Looking very cool and rock and roll. The striped blazer looks like a fabulous find. Liking the sound of your workshop, too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vix, I'm thrilled with the striped blazer. The workshop was fun, and listening to the local bands was even better! Xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds