Suddenly 30

Last week, I turned 30, can you believe it? Milestone birthdays can be scary, but looking back on photos of little me brought joy to my day and made me feel grateful for all the good things in my life. 



Judging from the photos, I haven't stopped dressing up since I was little. Thanks mum for dressing me in cute outfits! 

The day prior to my birthday, my cute boyfriend took me out to dinner at my favourite local Italian place. I forgot to take photos of the food, but we often order the same thing: pizza and a caprese salad, so here's a photo from a previous visit. It's so delicious, I could happily visit once a week and never get tired of it.


He also surprised me with some flowers. Aren't they beautiful? I have been adoring them all week.


I had a flexi day on my actual birthday, I'm glad schools now let teachers choose one day a year to have a day off and it comes out of our sick leave. I spent the day shopping a little bit with my mum and picking up the Francese cake my sister got me from Brunetti. The chocolate mousse with caramel is reminiscent of a Mars Bar. Thank you Alex for my beautiful cake.


While we were at Brunetti, mum and I have a nice lunch together. She had handmade pasta with prawns and calamari, whilst I had handmade gnocchi. Thank you mum, for a delicious lunch!





For dinner, my mum made lovely steak, crispy potatoes and green beans for dinner. I blew out my candles, made lots of wishes and just like that, I was officially 30! How did you spend your 30th birthday? X

Comments

  1. Happy Birthday to you! Love the montage of childhood photos, Jess!
    It looks like you had a wonderful birthday, were spoilt rotten, ate some tasty food and were surrounded by people you love, what could be better?
    My 30th was 28 years ago but I remember a group of my friends put together to buy me a lava lamp and we went out drinking followed by a curry. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Jess! How cute are your childhood photos, and I love the fact that it was obvious from the start that you loved dressing up!
    Looks like you had a wonderful birthday spent with your family and boyfriend, and involving lots of delicious looking food and cakes! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recommended at the price, insatiable an appetite, wanna try?

Beach baby, beach baby, give me your hand

I go leaps and bounds